Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccercameroo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 05:49 PM
    How should I convince my parents to let me bleach my hair?
    I'm 13 and I've wanted to dye my hair since I was 11. The only problem is I have dark brown hair and I can't dye it the color I want with dark hair. My mom let my sister start bleaching her hair when she was 12 ( she's 25 now) but she feels like I'm going to screw it up. I've asked my sister for tips and my mom still doesn't like the idea. She says I can dye my hair but I have to pay for everything I need. She took me to the store to buy everything and there I grabbed some bleach and she told me to put it back. Any advice on how to convince her to let me bleach it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2016, 06:17 PM
    You can be bald before 20 if you do it wrong, and with dark hair.. you will have to do it frequently... wait until you are 18, then you can do whatever you want.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 06:34 PM
    I am the parent of a 13 year old. I cannot help you go against the wishes of your mother.

I will ill tell you that bleaching dark hair at home can cause some serious hair damage. Even if it is done right, it takes a lot of upkeep to keep the roots blond as the hair grows out.

Don't try growing up too fast.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 10:36 PM
    Sorry, no you should not do it yourself.

Ask mom if your sister can do it for you?

Ask your mom to do it for you. (not do it yourself)

If you have money, ask mom to let you go to a shop and get it done.

Yes you can make it worst, very easily. I think you should have someone help you.
    writer1hal Posts: 36, Reputation: 5
    In love with life!

Feb 25, 2016, 01:07 AM
    It might sound like the coolest idea right now. Right?

But as the time will pass and hair fall will be increased. You will have to dolor your hair again and again which will lead to a worse situation for your hair.

It is better not to do it now. (Trust me!)

Also, if you want to convince your parents talk to them. Parents and children conversation usually brings out the good conclusion.

That is what I have to say, beautiful girl! You don't need to dye your hair! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince our parents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in love with a Iraqi guy we were together in university he wants to marry me but the thing is how to convince our parents? Please help me because its about two different cultures, languages and much more...

How to bleach black hair blonde with natural bleach [ 2 Answers ]

Like I am natural blonde but I went black and I only have bleach like clothing bleach and I bought a box of blonde die can I bleach it orange then the blonde die with natural it out ?

How to convince her parents [ 1 Answers ]

HI friends tis is raam... I love a girl since last 4 yrs... she is my school friend and same age... my parents and her parents are family friends fom our childhood... now am working and she is studying... she also in love wit me... she also like me very much but she got very afraid to tell our...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Should I bleach my hair or Do a full heavy all over bleach highlights? [ 2 Answers ]

Info on myself. Blue eyes, fair skin, pink undertones, natural hair color is dark blond. Last month I had my hair dyed a dark blonde. BTW, this was done professionally. The top area came out with dark blonde, gold/ red tones, and does not match my skin tone. I would like to be more in the neutral...

View more questions Search