Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocoanut8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 05:16 PM
    Looking for half sister.
    Hello,
    This is a huge shot in the dark. I met my biological father for the first time in 1998. He was a musician in Cleveland, Ohio. My name is Danielle. Unfortunately we only had 6 years together as he took his own life in 1994. At the time he was living in St. Petersburg FLA After his death his neighbors informed me that he had another daughter that was looking for him. Debbie or Denise not sure.

Possible a physician in Cleveland, Ohio. They did not inform her that she had a half sister. Due to animosities from his family. They listed no living children on his death certificate. So for 22 years I have searched and search to no avail. So sad. That we may never know each other.

Any suggestions may help.
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 26, 2016, 09:19 AM
    Since this is a global website, that really is a shot in the dark. If you haven't already, you could try searching obituaries in the city that he passed. If that pans out, you could then contact neighbors or friends of him in that area.

Remember, though, that she has never been informed of a half-sister. Revelation of this, no matter what age, can be very traumatic to her and you may very well not be welcomed.

I have a family member member who went through something similar, adoption though. It didn't turn out well and several people were very hurt.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2016, 10:10 AM
    You need to go on sites that are only for looking for someone. This site is for advice.
    Make a list of all full names, dates of birth, dates of death, where they lived and when, what they did, and who nearest relatives are.
    You got the date you met him wrong, I think. Proofread!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about half-brother and half-sister? [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this movie in the early 90s but can't remember the name. All I know is that the half brother is madly in love w/ his half sister and goes crazy over her. She doesn't love him but is worried about her mentally challenged sister who lives in a home. Does anyone know about this movie?

Looking for my half sister [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older half sister that was given up for adoption about 10 years before I was born. I am 20 and she would be about 30. We have the same father. How do I go about looking for her? I do not know her name or date of birth. I do know my fathers name and her mothers name.

Looking for half sister [ 1 Answers ]

Can I find a half sister if I know only the birth mothers name, and city and state.

View more questions Search