Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maya H Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 06:23 AM
    My friend tried to kill herself by overdoseing, what will happen?
    My friend is at my house and is trying to kill herself. She was in the bathroom taking all the meds she could find. She refuses to let me take her to the hospital. What should I do? What will happen to her? I know she has taken at least 5 aleve, 3 20mg tablets of Lexapro, 4 10 mg tablets of remron. There may be others of, Vyvanse, ridelen, lisonoprel, metformin. This is all my family's meds and I didn't think she would do that. I knew she was depressed but I tried keeping her occupied until my parents get home. They are at work so I can't call them. We are both cyber schooled and self paced. Right now she is sleeping. What should I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 24, 2016, 06:45 AM
    Call an ambulance. She's at your house, taking your meds, so has no rights.
    She probably won't die but don't count on it. You don't even know what she took!
    She's manipulating you in the worst way, using you to cry for help.
    CALL NOW!
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 06:46 AM
    Call 911
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 06:46 AM
    Call the police. And get them there to help.

Call your parents and bother them. You are saying their work is more important than a persons life?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 07:20 AM
    Call an ambulance, and your parents immediately.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 24, 2016, 07:27 AM
    Hopefully by now you have called emergency services and the ambulance is there or already taking her to the hospital.

If you haven't called, then:

You are 16, call 911 or the equivalent for where you live.

Gather up the bottles/packaging for all of the meds in the bathroom.

Call her parents/family and yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad I want to kill myself because my best friend is being bullied? [ 6 Answers ]

My best friend is being bullied at school and she said she's OK but I know she's not. This morning she was crying and I sat next to her and asked if she wanted me to help her and she screamed 'go away I'm fine!!' at me. She's never yelled at me like that before. Is wanting to kill myself because...

Friend want to kill himself cause of me. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey there! I got a problem, and I thought that I would give this page a shot, since I'm desperate, and completely clueless about what do to. So this is my problem: I got this good friend, who is crushing on this guy. To make sure that they stay anonymous, I call his crush David, and my friend...

My friend is going to kill himself today [ 20 Answers ]

Well my friend is going to shoot himself in the head today. I've known him my whole life and I feel somewhat responsible. Last week I purchased a .22cal rifle for him because he said he wanted it for hunting but I knew what he really wanted it for so I did it anyway knowing I would expect the...

View more questions Search