Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fredrick Doge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2016, 08:56 PM
    How can I tell if a girl likes me back?
    Okay, so this might be a bit of a long one, but bear with me. So yeah, at the start of the school, I met a new girl who had moved to my town over summer, my best friend knew her so we quickly became acquaintances and by this point I would consider us good friends. After a while I started to develop feelings for her. After realizing that I really did like her a lot (like A LOT though), I decided to take a few "does she like me?" online tests, but none of the answers were super consistent. I generally got anywhere from "she might be interested" to "she definitely likes you". Maybe I'm to scared of rejection or paranoid because she is kind of the first person I've really liked, but I'm kind of doing this as one less check before I try to do anything.

-reasons i think she might like me

- I will sometimes catch her staring at me from across the room or sometimes when we are talking she will stare at my lips which supposedly means she likes you

- she will play with her hair when we talk

- kind of an obvious one at this point but we do actually have conversations

- we share a lot of friends

- she did invite me over to her house once (alone, just me and her) without even talking to her parents or anything, but I chickened out and made up that my mom wanted me home

- we spend around anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours together each day because school

- she laughs at (almost) all my jokes, no matter how bad they are.

-reasons i think she might not like me

- we have a bit of an age gap, at the start of the year I had thought she was 14/13 and she thought I was 15 as well (I'm 13 she is 15), then they separated us into groups for gym once and I figured out she was 15 but she thought I was 14, and she only figured out I was 13 a month or so ago, however the time that she invited me to her house as stated earlier was after we both knew each others ages so I'm not totally sure about that one.

- this is reason number one being that at the moment she has a boyfriend but he is going to be moving to Spain in a few months and they have only been together for about a month or so

-things i should probably do?

- get her phone number (the sooner the better), duh, I always just get nervous and don't really know how to ask her without being weird.

-probably get the courage to go over to her house and meet her parents and younger brother (I met her mom very briefly for like 30 secs)

It would be nice to get feedback sooner rather than later because I don't want to spend months on this and then ask her and find out no.

So yeah all in all, I'd like your guys opinion on whether she likes me and if you have any other advice be sure to add it.

Thank you! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2016, 09:13 PM
    Number 1 rule in dating my young friend...

She has a boyfriend. She is completely off limits to you. It doesn't matter whether he is moving, she is currently his girlfriend.
    Fredrick Doge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2016, 09:35 PM
    Thanks for the advice but I already knew that, I wouldn't really call it dating yet (since I'm not totally sure if she likes me back even) more of a crush

And I probably won't bring anything up until at least a 2-3 months after he has left I think maybe
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2016, 09:45 PM
    For now you are in the friend zone and shouldn't be worrying whether she likes you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2016, 11:22 PM
    Signs mean nothing, they work differently for different people. You know if they like you by talking with them, and at some point see where it goes
    Santana_J Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2016, 11:29 AM
    I feel like you would know if she liked you back. You can feel it. If you don't feel anything that must mean nothing is there, and she doesn't like you back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this girl but I don't know if she likes me back. [ 12 Answers ]

Hey. I like this german girl at my school, she's an exchange student and she's staying until January.. I started taking to her in August, maybe around 1st of August. On her birthday I gave her a box of chocolates. We started talking, she always smiles at me, looks at me and even sometimes we walked...

I like a girl but I'm not sure she likes me back [ 5 Answers ]

I like this girl but I don't know why I can't approach her. Like I'm afraid of her or something but I actually like her a lot... what can I do? And how am I suppose to know if she likes me back? :confused:

I like this girl, however I can't tell if she likes me back. Maybe she's a flirt? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, now before I get into it I want to let you know the situation. I'm 17 and the girl I like is 17. I met her online in a game we both play daily(I know seems lame). However I have strong feelings for her that are hard to suppress. We both live in the USA and I'm like an 8 hour flight from...

I like a girl but I don't know if she likes me back [ 9 Answers ]

There's this girl I like but I don't know if she likes me back. And if she doesn't like me back my rep is screwed what should I do:confused:

How do I no if the girl I like likes me back [ 4 Answers ]

How do I n if she's giving me signs?

View more questions Search