Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Feb 23, 2016, 05:54 PM
    Door sticking Refrigerator
    There's nothing sticky... it's a regular size refrigerator but all of a sudden
    The door sticks... and I mean needs two hand to open. I scrubbed in from
    Top to bottom... cleaned out the rubber near the floor and still can't figure
    Out what is wrong or how I can fix it.

Any ideas? The inside works perfectly.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 23, 2016, 06:35 PM
    Make and model number of refrigerator please.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2016, 06:49 AM
    I have a side-by-side and have noticed that if I try to get into the refrigerator immediately after being in the freezer there is some kind of vacuum effect that makes the door quite difficult to open. If I either open the refrigerator door before closing the freezer door, or just waiting about 15 seconds after closing the freezer door to open the refrigerator door it works fine.

Not sure if that helps your issue or not, but I thought I'd share the observation.
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Maytag French Door refrigerator is freezing items in the door. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my Maytag French Door refrigerator started freezing the liquid items in the door. The door has an opening that allows cold to colder air to circulated up from the freezer by way of an adjustable vent. I looked through the owners manual and determined that maybe the coils on the bottom of...

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

The touch switches in the door front of our french door refrigerator have stopped wor [ 1 Answers ]

The touch switches in gthe door of our Maytag french door refrigerator have stopped working, specifically, the ones that select water or ice will not change regardless how hard or long I press on them. Now, in order to get ice I have to open both french doors and pull out the ice tray far enough...

Oven door won't close lock is sticking out [ 1 Answers ]

Oven door won't close, lock for self cleaning is sticking out

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search