Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alipezu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2016, 10:31 PM
    Access Macro putting a value rather than a field name
    I want to track changes from "tbl1BusForDriver" in "tblAuditTrail". For that everything is working perfect for me except one thing. And the thing is it is giving me a value of the fields "Driver_ID" and "Bus_ID" in "FieldName" in tblAuditTrail..
    I want it to show me which field was changed rather than giving me a value.. Please see the attached screenshot of my macro..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2016, 07:13 AM
    As I mentioned on the blog. The value for the Fieldname SetField, should be a text string of the field name. i.e. "Driver_ID", not a reference to the contents of the field.

PS. you need to scroll down in the Advanced form to see Attachments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain field Access [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbor needs a drain field. She has to make a gate opening somewhere to the backyard. For a small trench digger. How width should she make the gate. I know you can also disconnect The chain-link fence,but it is difficult to re-attached. Too much tension. I think you need a special...

Access crystal report formula field in code behind [ 0 Answers ]

I want to access a fomula field of the crystal report in code behind and update it with a new value. Is it possible to create a new formula in code behind and assign it to the report in its footer?

Access how to move a field into another field on a access form [ 1 Answers ]

Need to more FieldA into FieldB then let FieldB be changed

Bitmap into ole object field in MS Access [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Access 2000 database table with an OLE object field, into which I insert a bitmap image. (This is an existing database whose design I am not authorized to change). When I do this on the system in my office, everything is fine. The image is properly displayed on the form. However, when I...

View more questions Search