Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moyla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 08:43 PM
    Anyone else have this issue? Dr says I'm fine but this is insane.
    I am 37, I have a pretty bad case of pmdd as well as high estrogen. My cycle is between 26 and 42 days, sometimes 60+ days. I've had two children and have an almost non existent sex drive. My cramps are horrendous with each period and I feel like I have a virus or flu with each. There are some months I have two periods. The first lasts seven days, as every period of mine does, then one to two weeks later I'll start again, just as heavy if not more so yet it only lasts 4-5 days. I've been to several doctors and they've told me this is nothing to worry about. I've tried too many birth controls to remember and they've had adverse effects no matter the type. I've changed my diet, still continues. Is this 'normal'? Is this a hormone problem or early menopause, perhaps? I take 5htp to help with my mood and it does help. It isn't so much worrisome as is it really difficult to deal with at times. Feeling terrible each period and knowing I will can drive one to madness in a way. The 'double taps' are my current concern as I've dealt with severe cramps, joint pain, and extremely severe pms since my children were born about 10 yrs ago. Is this something to be concerned with?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2016, 12:20 PM
    Were these doctors gynecologists? Did you have a pelvic exam done to check for issues such as endometriosis and fibroids? Did you have other hormone testing done?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer Help: Dryer works fine and turns on fine but will stop heating after 1-2 minute [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer Model GLEQ215ESO. My dryer had a bad bearing and heating coil so I replace it about 6 months ago. It was working perfect up until a week ago when my cloth wasn't drying. I took a look at it and it seems to work fine for the first 2 minutes of use and then...

Kenmore 90 plus series washer, won't spin on any cycle. Washes fine, empties fine [ 0 Answers ]

Just replaced the coupler on my kenmore 90 plus series washer, still won't spin on any cycle. Washes fine, empties fine just won't spin? Any ideas?

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear [ 2 Answers ]

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear

Furnace heats fine,circulates fine, but when put on a/c blower motor goes on and off [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace works fine all winter, no issues only when it is switched aver to a/c does it do this.

Residential well issue letting very fine silt through filter [ 3 Answers ]

We built our house 3 years ago. Ever since, we have had dirty water. A very fine silt comes through. We have tried even digging a new well, and it must be the aquaphor around here, but it is still dirty. We have 2 inline filters, a 20 micron and a 5 micron to filter, but we go through these every...

View more questions Search