Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coleca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 01:29 PM
    Bank won't provide information on CD's of deceased mother
    My deceased mother had 3 CD's at Pittsburgh National Bank. I was the executrix of her will, and the CD's have never been accounted for. Last week they notified me they would not provide information beyond 7 years on closed accounts. The CD's were never closed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2016, 01:39 PM
    How many years?
    Who was to get them?
    Try this and ask below if you need more help.
    Unclaimed Money: Mary Pitman Answers Your Questions to Make You Money - ABC News

Unclaimed Funds: Tracking Down Moms IRA CDs | Bankrate.com since they may very likely be in the state's unclaimed money account.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2016, 05:08 PM
    If you were unaware of the CDs and 7 years have past the accounts have been escheated to the state. To claim these funds you have to contact the state Try here: Pennsylvania Treasury Department - Timothy A. Reese, State Treasurer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2016, 06:36 PM
    CD's are deposited for a certain number of years, If it was over 7 years after the CD's matured, as you were told, they were considered unclaimed since there was no activity.

With that said, the bank knows where the money went, so if you want an answer from the bank, get a court order from probate court, to order them to disclose the information.

With that also said, each year (or more often) the bank would have mailed information about these account to your mother, until at least they were considered unclaimed. Who was collecting your mothers mail after her death?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accessing bank account of deceased mother [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away and I have her debit cards and online passwords. Will I get in trouble for withdrawing her money. I am her only child but she didn't have a will. I have contacted probate attorneys but they want $1500 - $3000 to help me and I can't afford that.

Can a 501c (3) strictly provide resource information to the public? [ 5 Answers ]

Does a 501c (3) have to fundraise or receive donations and grant money to be tax exempt?

Should we provide more information? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife is listed as a creditor in her ex-husband's bankruptcy (chapter 7) so we got a copy of the document to verify her interests. In going through the document there appears to be quite a few things that were not declared or misrepresented - however it is beyond our ability to prove it. Is it...

Law firm not being able to provide additional information on who the CC Company is. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello- I need some assistance with this. I received a call from a law firm, stating I owe money on CC. I asked how much I owe, and from who it was. All they gave me was the dollar amount but couldn't be specific on the CC, all she told me it was from Visa. This was Saturday that I received...

Debt buyer refuses to provide information [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued by a debt buyer who claims they have bought a loan they say I defaulted on. I filed a motion to dismiss but the debt buyer's attorney has filed a motion to strike my dismissal stating that; "As a matter of law may not question either the validity of the loan assignment or the...

View more questions Search