Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jdiaz0926 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 05:45 AM
    Adt
    How do I disconnect the smoke detector from my Adt system? It has been chirping since I canceled the service.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2016, 05:48 AM
    Change the battery, the chirping is an indication of a weak battery.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 21, 2016, 07:36 AM
    Hello

@ Talaniman you are only part right and I'll explain why

Ok I am guessing we are dealing with a complete alarm system ( A few PIR sensors , pet sensors , door or window sensors etc , Key pad , Siren whether internal or external or both , Panel ( See picture below for what I mean by panel ) , optional smoke alarm .

If this is what we have , then the reason I said you are partly right talaniman is that the smoke alarm is hard wired ( See picture below ) to the panel ports via 4 wires generally , unless wireless ( AC red / black ) and Green or Yellow for one into comms and one into sensor port all on panel.

Note = This is how they are done in my country wire colour wise, though it should be still 4 wires generally ( some only have 3 wires , less functions ).

Now it could be the battery connected to the panel if you have turned the main power off to the system, and it's been programmed to chirp via the smoke alarm.

It could also be the programming if the panel is still trying to communicate with your monitor though you have had the service canceled, and it's chirping to tell you there a coms issue , or a possible test signal.

If it is a wireless Smoke Alarm to panel , then yes it can also chirp if the battery in it is low.

Best advice , call a tech in to take a look and maybe reprogram some parts of the system, heck if you really want to have your own phone number or more added to the system so you are the response / monitor of the alarm if it goes off.

Hope this helps.

Name:  wired-alarm.png
Views: 368
Size:  480.3 KB

Name:  hard-wired-panel-300x272.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  14.9 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ADT Monitoring [ 6 Answers ]

We just cancelled monitoring with ADT, they stated that they would be sending a reset signal to the system that will make it useless. If I disconnect the two wires marked (incoming phone) will this prevent them from resetting my system? I have a cellular connection. Thanks.

ADT security system [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor is still beeping but we no longer have service

Cancelled ADT outside alarm went off [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disable the system completely? The red light is on outside and that's where an alarm went off this morning. I pushed a tab button and the alarm stopped for now, but Im certain it will go off again. How do I prevent that and disable the system altogether?

ADT states they OWN the box! [ 13 Answers ]

I cancelled my ADT service after the monthly price increased to over $40.00 a month! After they shut off date, my alarm ceased to work completely. I was lead to believe that my alarm would still work without it being monitored. I at least wanted the door chime to work and even the alarm to alert...

Adt security [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have purchased the installation of an alarm security system for my business. The vendor name is adt security. What accounts should I post for the purchase of the alarm system? Each month, which accounts will I post if any. What category in accounts would this fall under i.e.....

View more questions Search