Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tillytrotter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 02:04 AM
    Tiny dot insects non flying,in hair and in cupboards
    Crawling feeling in hair. When I shake hair over bath, microscopic lack dots with what like clear wings but non-moving fall out.Whole shape is like a boomerang. I've taken them to pharmacist, he cldn't say what they were. Not lice, not fleas, tried all treatments,holistic and over the counter, no difference.I initially thought
    They were tiny gnats/fruit flies but no.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 21, 2016, 02:23 AM
    Hello

Without seeing a picture of what you are looking at , it's hard to tell what it is .

You could try this website here yourself , or post a picture.

( Winged Insect Key )

Hope this helps
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 21, 2016, 02:35 AM
    Without photos, identification is very difficult. Since you already have specimens, a college biology department or an exterminator's office might be the best place to have someone take a look. If you're in the U.S. the state Department of Agriculture has an extension office in your county.
    tillytrotter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Without photos, identification is very difficult. Since you already have specimens, a college biology department or an exterminator's office might be the best place to have someone take a look. If you're in the U.S. the state Department of Agriculture has an extension office in your county.
    Thank you, forgot to say I am in the UK but your answer applies here as well,regards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible tiny flying insects [ 3 Answers ]

I to have these tiny biting insects.I have tried everything to get them out of my house and off me.I agree you can see them come off me in the sunshine they form a group and start spinning.spinning. Ive had this hell for 4 yrs,and I clean pools daily so you see the problem.I think other bugs land...

Tiny white bugs in kitchen cupboards [ 6 Answers ]

I have tiny white bugs in my kitchen. I first noticed it on my microwave first I thought it was dust or I thought it might be flour or grain of salt and I was wiping it I saw it moved you have to look really closely and hold your breath to see them moving they're so tiny. I cleaned the whole...

Tiny bugs in my kitchen cupboards - Pest control [ 11 Answers ]

I have tiny bugs in my kitchen cupboards, which move onto my worktops. I only discovered them by leaving a pile of papers on the worktop which they seem to be drawn to. It is hard to describe them as they are too small to get a description (between 1 and 2.5mm in lenth). I think they are brown. ...

View more questions Search