Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sriniparin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 12:27 AM
    Lost interest in sex
    I am 23 yrs old. My boyfriend and I are in a relationship for 7 yrs. My boyfriend went to abroad for higher studies. It has been 2 and half years. He doesn't have any idea about his return. We used to have lot of sex before he went there. We used to have sex talk. But from 4 to 5 months even though he brings it up I am changing the topic. I don't know what happened to me. I just gradually lost interest in it. I don't masturbate. We are loyal to each other. I love him a lot. He asked me yesterday about it and I explained everything to him. He was upset and he understood me. He told me that he won't bring that topic again if I am not interested in it. I am hurting him a lot. Will everything return back to normal if he comes back to me? What happened to me?
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 21, 2016, 02:42 AM
    Hello

Please note I am no psychologist though I will give you a few things to think about.

It is possible maybe in the back of your mind that you have decided without knowing you have that you don't want to talk about sex because your holding out until that day he finally returns to you.

Maybe you don't want to talk about sex as in the back of your mind that was a happy time for you , and now that he's been away for 2 and half years and the fact he doesn't have any idea about his return it's become painful to think about sex.

Or maybe you don't want to talk about sex as you really , Really , really miss him .

The Mind is one of the greatest tools in the world , though it is also one of the greatest puzzles / conundrums to .

I hope this helps and gives you a few things to think about.
    sriniparin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2016, 10:26 AM
    Thanq for your reply... it is very helpful... I'm feeling less guilty now... it is just too painful to be away from him... I used to have a lot of tym before and I used to talk to him whenever he is free... but now I am attending college and doing post graduation... our timings doesn't match... this also became a factor... I started concentrating on my studies instead of thinking about it... he is also very supportive and understood me... I may return to normal once he comes back to me...
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 21, 2016, 10:38 AM
    Glad to help, though just remember once you are both back together, take things slow at first to get use to each other again, don't just go all out and have hanky panky ( sex ) straight off .

Do some dating first / go out / talk and get the mental situation good first before you do the physical stuff.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2016, 06:44 PM
    Has he returned even for a visit, in 2 years? A long distance relationship is very hard. When are you going to travel to him for a visit (holiday) visiting a foreign place would be good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's lost interest in sex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Me and my boyfriend have been together for just over 2 years. We have just moved into our house together, and our relationship is great. We go out together, but we have time apart so we don't trip over each others feet, but one thing has dissipated, our sex life. We've always had a...

I have lost interest in Sex... [ 0 Answers ]

I have been married for 6 years,, have a daughter... I have always had irregular periods,, few months bac, I started bleeding every 15 days, though it was spots, it did stop for 4-5 days. Then again, a few spot-free days later, I got my periods (with back/abdomen pain) and my bleeding didn't stop...

Lost interest in sex [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get my boyfriend to be interested in sex again? When we first started going out over a year ago, he was amazing. Then he just lost interest.

Lost interest in sex [ 2 Answers ]

We are married for 7 years, and past five years we had good sex life but my interest has gone... but my husband has more sex interest than before... Is it because I have lost interest? Help!!

View more questions Search