Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kit78eo Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2016, 11:24 PM
    Fish tank size
    I was considering getting just one guppy and was wondering how many gallons should the tank be? Is a one gallon tank OK or does it need something bigger?
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 21, 2016, 02:52 AM
    Hello

I personally would go with a tank in the 3-4g tank to give the guppy room to swim , though it also gives you the choice in future to get one or two more guppies .

You can also then place a few aquatic plants in the tank to ( the small ones ) or anything else you may want.

Anyway a 2g tank will be fine for one guppy.

Hope this helps.

Feb 21, 2016, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchdman View Post
    Hello

I personally would go with a tank in the 3-4g tank to give the guppy room to swim , though it also gives you the choice in future to get one or two more guppies .

You can also then place a few aquatic plants in the tank to ( the small ones ) or anything else you may want.

Anyway a 2g tank will be fine for one guppy.

Hope this helps.
    Ok thanks! Do you happen to know if there is a different type of fish, maybe, that would be perfectly fine in just a one gallon tank?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2016, 06:29 PM
    If any fish is OK in a 1 gallon tank, it would be a guppy.

Feb 21, 2016, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If any fish is OK in a 1 gallon tank, it would be a guppy.
    Ok, I just wanted something on the smaller side, but I think I should just get a two gallon tank. Thanks for helping though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Fish Would You recommend I Buy For My Cichlid Fish Tank? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 26 gallon cichlid fish tank. I am looking to buy more fish. So far I have 2 red blood parrot fish, 1 black knife fish, and 2 snails. I know I can't have many fish since cichlids are territorial, but what fish would you recommend to buy? Thanks!

Fish tank help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 45 gallon tank they have been sick for about two weeks now they are all better after the treatment I checked my ammonia was .25 before and now its is all most 2.0 what should I do I put ammonia tablets in the tank and took the carbon out of my aquaclear and put in ammonia remover pad and...

I have a 20 gallon fish tank and my fish are dying [ 6 Answers ]

I got a fish tank and evrything was good and my fish were having fish, and I just added water to the fish tank and just 2 days ago I notes that every time that I check my fish tank there are a lot of fish dead I want to know why?

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search