Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Revonda Emerick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2016, 10:11 AM
    Gum problems
    I have a big bubble on my gum right by my tooth on the right side.I called my doctor and got some antibiotics. And have been taking them.But today my right eye is. Black and almost swelled shut.My son wants me to go to the doctor or dentist.But the problem is this is Saturday and most offices are closed.Would it be okay to wait till Monday?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2016, 10:15 AM
    You dentist should have an answering service in place. Call them and someone should get back to you. I know both our dentist and doctor have backup assistance. If you are very concerned, go to the ER or walk in clinic.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2016, 11:09 AM
    The black eye is a bruise from a blood vessel, and the swelling is infection, probably a mix of pus and blood.
    No one online can know how much of an emergency it is.
    Why didn't you call a dentist first? No insurance? Not a good reason.
    hanerykroze Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2016, 01:57 AM
    First you should see the dentist for proper treatment. Your eye is black due to gum problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What problems can untreated gum disease cause? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been ill, reoccurring sinus infections (even sinus surgery) joint pain, crazy rashes, migraines and jaw and neck pain as well as reoccurring upper respiratory infection, I'm thinking my broken off, and sensitive crumbling teeth may be the culprit... could bad teeth and or gums cause these...

Why is my temporary crown sitting on top of my gum line and not under the gum line? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a temporary lava crown (4 teeth) in place and 3 of the 4 teeth are UNDER the gum line, but the farthest right tooth sits on top of the gum line, I can feel the rough edge of it and see that it is not under the gum. Is this a problem? Is it normal for a dentist to place a crown on top of a...

Gum Inflammation [ 6 Answers ]

My friend has a gum inflammation. What procedure would the dentist go for? He is afraid of what the dentist would say... what do u recommend?

Lump on gum? [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 days ago I noticed a small bump between my cheek and gum (at the base), just enough to be annoying but it didn't hurt. Now days later it's swollen and red and soft, fleshy. I swabbed it often with hydrogen peroxide, and now am using Listerine because of the alcohol content. The spot is...

View more questions Search