If I want to get adopted what should I do
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2016, 06:58 PM
    How old are you? Why adopted?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2016, 07:43 PM
    Your parents will have to put you up for adoption or abandon you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2016, 09:56 PM
    Your parents or guardian will need to put you up for adoption.

I will say this, since you are old enough to write this, most likely it will be very hard to be adopted, most people want to adopt babies and very small children, most older young people merely stay in foster homes or facilities and no home is found
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 19, 2016, 10:29 PM
    Hello

Apart from your parents putting you up for Adoption like the others have suggested , your parents could also be found unfit to be your parents by CPS ( Child protection Services ) or whatever your state / country child protection service is called which would lead to you being taken out of their care, made a ward of the state or equivalent in your state / country then placed into foster care or adoption.

Though I do have to ask.

Why are you wanting to get Adopted.

Hope this helps.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 20, 2016, 05:54 AM
    Calling CPS on your parents or guardians is a double edged sword, not a decision to be made unless you are being physically beaten or locked in closets.
    You will have no choices at all once placed in foster care, not about with whom, not about adoption, nothing.
    Foster children are not always loved or treated in ways you hope for. Some parents just want the small amount of money they get. Don't expect a computer, or phone, or ipod, or allowance. Don't expect anything.

Tell us your story.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2016, 03:00 PM
    YOU can't do anything other than reporting your parents to children's services for abuse. If you do an investigation will be made as to your allegations of abuse. If they are found to be valid, you will be removed from the home and placed in foster care. Whether you will be eligible for adoption will depend on age and area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

I honestly hate my family, you may think I'm just being stupid and that I love them but I really don't, I'm treated like nothing in this family, especially by my parents, yeah there's 6 kids altogether but the way I'm treated its like there's only 5, I've tried so hard speaking to them and trying...

HELP! I think I am adopted! [ 4 Answers ]

I never thought about this before because there was concrete evidence proving I was not adopted. But all that was shattered a few hours ago with my mothers drunken words. She through a big bomb shell on me previously while she was in a drunken state iswell. My evidence that I was not adopted was...

Am I adopted? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay before anyone starts to comment on this yes I am a teenager and it isn't just that I don't get on with my parents. I have asked to see my birth certificate, my parents where hesitant at first but gave it to me. It was very small and only had my name, date of birth, where I was born and the...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search