Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maiyaruys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2016, 06:31 PM
    Our Perma Tank Water System tank # PAD20 is leaking
    Our water tank is leaking but I have no idea how to turn it off... help! Can you tell me how to turn it off ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2016, 07:41 PM
    Sounds like you have a well water system. Is this the tank you are dealing with?

http://www.tank-depot.com/productdet...?part=6-PAD-20

You will need to turn off the breaker to turn it off, and then open a faucet to bleed off pressure to zero to service the tank.

Where is it leaking, from the bottom?
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Feb 19, 2016, 10:58 PM
    Hello

It is possible if leaking from the bottom like the above post has said , the Water pipe is not sealed properly or is loose.

Use teflon tape on pipe threads or similar around water pipe .If none was used, or not enough, remove pipe and apply more.

Another reason it could be leaking , Pipe is cross-threaded.

Remove pipe, inspect threads for damage, apply teflon tape and reinstall making sure to thread in properly.

Only other I can think of is Pipe is not tight enough.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Perma tank pad 20 [ 8 Answers ]

First Time Member: My Perma Tank PAD 20 Pressure gauge goes from 95 down to 20 PSI when we are using the water: water hose, shower, etc.. Is the pressure gauge going up and down a normal procedure or is the Tank on it's last leg? Thank You

Toilet tank is leaking, no water on floor, runs periodically to fill tank, what fix [ 15 Answers ]

The tank is losing water, there is none on the floor, the toilet runs periodically to refill the tank, I have replaced the flapper, the float device already.

Toilet tank leaking from tank bolt on left side only [ 5 Answers ]

After installing the tank, it won't initially leak but the left side will start to leak. Don't see any cracks. What is the right sequence for using the washers and nuts to the bolt? Do I first put a metal washer, then a rubber washer through the bolt and then put it through the tank, and then...

Well perma PAD20 Tank is full of water [ 2 Answers ]

The tank filled up with water. When I checked the air pressure, water came out. So I drained down the water and then refilled the tank with 40 psi air. Is it normal for this to occur or is the bladder most likely leaking. Will I end up having to change the tank. Never changed the tank...

Leaking water tank! [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Advice needed?? The over flow from our loft tank always leaks after hot water is used, we have two tanks in the loft and the smaller one is the one overflowing, the ball valve isn't leaking and the ball iself is intact but it does tend to be 80% submerged I have bought a new valve but...

View more questions Search