Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julio1717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 05:46 PM
    Im so awkward when I talk.
    For some reason, Ive been very awkward and uncomfortable talking to people for a few years now. I won't know what to say, sometimes I cant look them in the eyes, and also I studder and stumble over my words. Im a college girl. What's wrong with me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2016, 06:24 PM
    Probably nothing a little speech therapy and practice can't help you with.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2016, 04:45 AM
    Just like you can't become a pro golfer your first time out, continue practicing and you will become more comfortable in speaking with people.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 18, 2016, 02:41 PM
    Just like the others said. Takes practice. Have you tried toastmasters? Or other public speaking type of courses that you can take on the side?
    Arran Alston Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2016, 05:49 AM
    There is nothing wrong with you, all you need is to have belief in yourself and a little practice. You may imagine situation and have a conversation with yourself in front of the mirror. Just simply remember that you are awesome and others are just people like you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would a Native English Speaker talk like this? Does it sound awkward? [ 4 Answers ]

(Let's say A and B are friends in their late twenties, and A is a pessimist when it comes to dating and relationships.) A: She only loves you for your money, obviously. If you told her you sold your car and quit your job, she'd be gone in a minute. B (being sarcastic): Sure, I'll take your...

What do I talk about when it seems awkward? [ 3 Answers ]

The girl that I really, really like has been messaging me on Facebook about 2-3 times everyday for hours for the past couple of weeks. We always talk about what we're doing for a few minutes, but then we just start sending random one word messages, and things seem a bit awkward for me. A couple...

This is Awkward [ 18 Answers ]

I was just curious to hear some of the most awkward situations people have been in. Mine, so far was, I bought an adult video at a video store, and at the same time my girlfriend walked in to rent a movie.

This is awkward... but.. [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend can ask and tell each other everything,but just now on msn she told me that she has clear discharge. She is scared it is something bad.I have no idea. I think its OK... right? Like its not any kind of herpies or something. Its not white but clear... help!!

View more questions Search