Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcizzzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 07:47 AM
    ETG Test - 500 cutoff
    Hello,
    I drank about 6 shots of 35% alc. On Tuesday from 3pm-4pm. I have ETG test on Thursday where I can go in at any time. Will I be able to pass? Keep in mind, I always stay well hydrated, am in pretty good shape and workout daily. Thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2016, 08:13 AM
    If you don't you only have yourself to blame right? If you do, give thanks for succeeding despite the stupidity of drinking before an alcohol test.

You are welcome.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 17, 2016, 08:31 AM
    The tests are meant to detect heavy consumption 60-80 hours after the event. You're 50 or under. It also sounds like you're a heavy drinker so that window is a little longer then a casual drinker. Worse that you binged as well. Depending on what you mean by "Well-hydrated" I believe your low that you will pass. If being well hydrated means drinking a LOT of water, then you're double screwed. You might fail because of dilution of your urine causing an inconclusive result. Which is interpreted as you trying to punk the test.

What is important in this case, since you've rolled the dice and there is precious little you can do about the outcome, is for you to take care of your affairs in case the result comes back negative. I don't know if this is for employment, child services, probation, or a rehab program, but the consequences of a positive result will not be enjoyable. A little preparation will go a long way here.

I would also look into sobriety support groups in your area. They can help you get through this period, however long it may be, of enforced sobriety. It isn't a forever commitment, but for however long you need.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Feb 21, 2016, 11:27 PM
    EtG does not care about hydration nor working out. Your body will metabolize at the rate it does, regardless. 6 drinks in the course of an hour is significant, and raises a flag that there *may* be drinking patterns or history that could effect the outcome.

That said, I have heard of people drinking 6 - 8 drinks over the course of 3-4 hours and testing negative for EtG ~50 hours later. If you abstained for a long time prior to this episode, you would have a much better chance than if you are a daily or binge drinker.

My guess is that you are close to that 50/50 mark with drinking history playing a significant role in the outcome. I am very curious how this turns out, please do post your results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test 2 drinks 24 hours 500 cutoff [ 3 Answers ]

Hey dr. Bill I want to thank you for helping so many people sleep at night. I had two standard beers at 5.0% alcohol content, finishing at around 7pm Thursday night. I am a 23 year old male about 6 feet tall, and weigh about 145-150 pounds. My test is tommorow/ Friday at around 6 or 730. The cutoff...

EtG test with 500ng/mL cutoff [ 1 Answers ]

I got called in to take a urine analysis today (Thursday) at 11am. The place uses an EtG test with a 500ng/mL cutoff. I ended up drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels on Tuesday between 11am-3pm. I started drinking water around 8pm Tuesday night and continued to do so on Wednesday. I went and worked...

EtG at 500 cutoff? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Dr. Bill, First off, thanks for all of your great answers and posts. You are a real asset to the site and learning on the EtG front in general. So here's my scenario and question: 37 year old female. 5'2", 120 pounds. Just short of 2 bottles of wine between 5pm - 10:30 pm Friday night....

What does it mean for EtG tests for the cutoff to be either 100 or 500? [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean for the ETG cut offs? Does the 500 cut off mean they can go back further or test harder?

12 beers 72 hours later ETG Test Cutoff 500 Ethyl glucurinide 250 Ethyl Sulfate 100 [ 1 Answers ]

If a 240 lb well muscled male drank 12 beers, was tested 72hours later who drank lots of fluids and was tested at the following levels what are chances of positive results? ETG level 500

View more questions Search