Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radarmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2016, 06:07 PM
    Mobile home never had title how to obtain one
    I bought a new mobile home and it is over 10 years old. I financed it through bank they took bill of sale and bill of origin and never had title. I am moving my loan and have no title. How can I get one the other bank needs one.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2016, 07:25 PM
    Get it from the first bank, they must have a copy.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 16, 2016, 07:29 PM
    Check with department of motor vehicles. In most places mobile homes are titled through DMV, just like a car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2016, 10:40 PM
    They must have had a title, but the seller has to supply it if you never got it.

You don't really own or buy it, without the title, it is lke buying a car (in most places) the title is the actual document of ownership.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can title insurance help with getting a title on a mobile home in New York [ 3 Answers ]

When my son purchased his mobile home the real estate agency never transferred the title to him & the bank gave him a loan even though they should have requested the title. This happened 8 yrs. Ago. He is trying to sell it but can't because he doesn't have the title. The real estate agency has been...

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

How to obtain mobile home title in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

My mother owned a mobile home in New Jersey, purchased in the early 80s. When she passed away in 1994, I remained living there until recently. I just bought a new home and wish to sell the trailer but there is no title to be found. The land is rented from the park owner, but the trailer is owned...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

View more questions Search