Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reginaderby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2016, 10:48 AM
    2003 ford explorer won't start when cold
    2003 ford explorer starter won't turn over when cold but warm weather starts fin
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2016, 01:29 PM
    "Won't start". "Won't turn over". Please explain-won't crank or won't start?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2016, 07:31 PM
    . Remove and fully charge the battery, clean battery terminals and cable connections, check battery cables for corrosion and hidden breaks, clean main ground, and clean starter motor connections.

. Perform an ignition by-pass test, if the starter motor does not crank. Install either a remote starter switch or a 12 AWG wire between the positive battery cable and the "S" terminal on the starter motor solenoid. If the battery and the starter motor are good, the starter motor should crank.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 18, 2016, 09:02 PM
    Batteries can often fail during warm weather but don't show signs until it's colder. Test the battery but make certain that both ends of both cables are clean and tight.
    If you encounter any additional symptoms, please let us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 ford taurus won't start [ 3 Answers ]

2003 won't start, starter turning but won't start, what could be the possibilities?

2003 ford 6.0 powerstroke won't start now [ 0 Answers ]

I just bought a 2003 F 550 with 6.0 powerstroke.. I was driving it down the road it would only get going like 58 59 mph... got off the interstate it died on me.. sit there around 1 1/2 hrs then it restarted... started back on road then it started running 75 mph then just dies and wouldn't restart.....

95 ford explorer won't start after transmission died? [ 0 Answers ]

I was told the trans died on my 95 explorer, but I'm hoping that it isn't burnt beyond repair. The fluid level was low while I had it loaned out and when I added fluid it all went to hell in a handbasket, the od light blinked the truck bucked and then once it was parked it will not make a sound to...

2003 ford taurus sel won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Car won't start. No sound of engine even trying to turn over. Lights on dash go on when I turn the key but that is it. I tested the battery at advance auto. They showed low charge so they charged it. When I returned after the charge time they suggested, I found that the battery was no good. I...

View more questions Search