Ask
    joe963cost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2016, 01:20 PM
    How do you adjust blower speed for noisy trane furnace
    How do I adjust blower speed
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2016, 01:37 PM
    Look at the wiring diagram on the schematic, most likely on the inside of the air handler door. It will show you color combinations for wiring between the control board and motor, if your unit is equipped with a 2 or 3 speed motor. Is the noise from air or is it a mechanical sound? Mechanical sound would most likely be a fan cage hitting the enclosure. This can be a broken support mount, a bad bearing or something else. If you turn the fan speed too low, you risk the high limit temp. control tripping or the solder link breaking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjust blower speed [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 80 plus model 31QJAV

Noisy furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire natural gas furnace approx 10 years old (not sure model #).when ever the motor comes on it sounds like (someone starting a car when it is really cold outside) buts seems fine once going.it is a 3 speed motor and spins freely by hand my thoughts are that the capacitor is faulty...

Furnace blower noisy [ 1 Answers ]

Help, the fan blower on my furnace is noisy. I turned it off and manually spun the fan... it moved smoothly. Any suggestions?

Furnace Blower Noisy [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house with a probably 50+ year old furnace. It is made by International Heater Company, Utica N.Y. It is 80,000 BTU and the house is 900 square feet. It works perfectly except when the blower comes on it is so noisy. Any remedy to cut out the noise. The repairman said old furnace...

View more questions Search