Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benjones111111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2016, 07:35 PM
    Android tech questions eg: Galaxy s5
    Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me a number of things about Android and the data that it keeps on the phone. I have a galaxy s5 and have deleted text messages and pics over time and wonder how long I have to recover them. The phone has told me that it is full a number of times, does this mean it is overriding the deleted data or does the phone have two sections for these purposes? Also I had a kik account that I deleted the whole app, does the phone hold any old messages or contacts? I have reinstalled the app a couple of times under different accounts, would that override the data from before? Also pictures, how long will the phone keep deleted pictures? I haven't been able to root the phone as of yet but in particular want to try and recover the kik contacts and messages and also the Facebook messenger app details that I had on there, I have also deleted that app and reinstalled it later under a new account. How long does the phone keep data that has been deleted from a heavily used phone?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2016, 01:38 AM
    Deleted data is overwritten as required.
    The fact you are getting storage messages and you say it heavily used does look good for recovery of anything at all..
    benjones111111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2016, 01:45 AM
    OK thanks, is data only stored in one area or does it use the whole phone? Do you know how long it takes for data to usually get overridden on a 16g Android?

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    The fact you are getting storage messages and you say it heavily used does look good for recovery of anything at all..
    OK thanks, is data only stored in one area or does it use the whole phone? Do you know how long it takes for data to usually get overridden on a 16g Android?

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Can professional high end recovery find anything after say 4 months, like in the sqlite area or anywhere on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by benjones111111 View Post

Can professional high end recovery find anything after say 4 months, like in the sqlite area or anywhere on the phone?
    Is there a difference between data saves for like apps vs messages and pictures?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Android smartphone galaxy s3 [ 1 Answers ]

Does my charging port have to be working to use the wireless charging powermat.. ect

Android galaxy ace storage full? [ 1 Answers ]

So when I first got my phone I had so many photos and songs, I had about 16 songs and maybe 100 photos and a bunch of apps. But I was going on holiday and decided I should clear some space so I got rid of all the songs, pics, and apps to have room. I put some new music on and when I went on my...

Android vs Apple... Android loses? [ 6 Answers ]

I have an HTC Vivid running Android 4.0.3 and every time my bosses send me pictures and emoticons from their iphones, I can't see them. If I forward it to my friend's iPhone he will tell me what it is, but sometimes this is work related stuff, so I need a solution. I have even tried having it...

Can I take admission in dual degree course (b.tech+m.tech) after polytechnic? [ 1 Answers ]

HII... my name is sadia and I'm from india (HYD).. I m pursuing diploma in electronic and communication engg.. CAN I TAKE ADMISSION IN DUAL DEGREE ENGG COURSE OFFERED BY JNTUH or OTHER UNIVERSITIES OF HYD OR AP ?IF YES THEN *** TELL WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE.. i.e. ENTRANCE EXAM e.t.c and *** let me...

Behavioral Interview Questions for Tech Job [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any information about Behavioral Interviewing for a Tech job?

View more questions Search