Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancylis9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2016, 08:31 PM
    A nurse is preparing to administer methylprednisolone sodium succinate solu-medrol) 1
    Nursing field
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2016, 08:33 PM
    And? What is your question?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2016, 09:28 PM
    Yes, what is your question?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 02:07 AM
    Yes, nurses given medication.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2016, 06:02 PM
    Hope you don't mean this form of succinate: Succinylcholine is a muscle relaxant. Anesthesiologists call it “sux”. It is commonly used before intubations to relax patients.
    It's a great murder weapon because it can't be detected on autopsy.

Until recently, I think, but there's only one lab in the world that knows how to detect it.
    Hospitals I think are keeping a closer eye on inventory,
    I watch too much forensic TV.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2016, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Hope you don't mean this form of succinate: Succinylcholine is a muscle relaxant. Anesthesiologists call it “sux”. It is commonly used before intubations to relax patients.
    It's a great murder weapon because it can't be detected on autopsy.

Until recently, I think, but there's only one lab in the world that knows how to detect it.
    Hospitals I think are keeping a closer eye on inventory,
    I watch too much forensic TV.
    The OP isn't talking about "sux," the OP is asking about methylprednosolone sodium succinate. More commonly known as solumedrol or Medrol Dosepak, which is a steroid used to treat inflammation.

I'm not clear, though, on what information the OP is looking for.
    current pert

Feb 14, 2016, 01:27 PM
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Thinking about getting an injection myself, in one shoulder that just won't get better after 10 months. Didn't know nurses got to give them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 14, 2016, 04:22 PM
    I hope the OP comes back. I too would really like to know what his/her question is.
    Expert

Feb 14, 2016, 07:09 PM
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Thinking about getting an injection myself, in one shoulder that just won't get better after 10 months. Didn't know nurses got to give them.
    I I give those shots all the time. It's not going to help pain in your shoulder, it's more for respiratory inflammation as found in asthma attacks, bronchitis, and pneumonia for example.
    current pert

Feb 15, 2016, 06:24 AM
    Some friends have had them, some form of cortisone injection into the inflamed shoulder, with good results lasting some months. I keep hesitating because the joys of internet searches bring up sites like this.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/cortisone...mments-205.htm

(I realize that prednisone and cortisone are both steroids and that there are many forms, but do not know much about the different ones. Sorry about hijacking the post.)
    Expert

Feb 15, 2016, 07:52 AM
    Some friends have had them, some form of cortisone injection into the inflamed shoulder, with good results lasting some months. I keep hesitating because the joys of internet searches bring up sites like this.
    Patient Comments: Cortisone Injection - Experience - Viewers Share Their Medical Experiences - MedicineNet

(I realize that prednisone and cortisone are both steroids and that there are many forms, but do not know much about the different ones. Sorry about hijacking the post.)
    Different form of steroid altogether Joy. The particular one the OP is curious about is for respiratory type issues. It can be given intramuscular, IV, or even PO (by mouth). The steroid you are referring to is typically given right in the joint.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 17, 2016, 07:49 AM
    We administer Solu-Medrol quite frequently here in my outpatient hematology/oncology clinic. I thought the OP sounded like she was presenting a 'homework' question. Ha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the ΔH° for the precipitation of 345.1 g of calcium sulfate from aqueous solu [ 0 Answers ]

This is a question regarding heat change using delta h

Would a precipiatate form if a solution of sodium carbonate was added water & sodium [ 0 Answers ]

Would a precipitate form if a solution of sodium carbonate was added to a beaker with water and solid calcium nitrate?

Metoprolol succinate SA is it same as metroprololER succinate [ 0 Answers ]

Are metoprolol Succinate SA and metprolol ER succinate the same

Sodium hydrogen carbonate mixed with sodium hydrogen sulfate? [ 2 Answers ]

What happens if you mix sodium hydrogen carbonate with sodium hydrogen sulfate? When I did it, it gave off a lot of gas bubbles (I originally had sodium hydrogen sulfate and sulfur powder mixed with water) and it produced a very strong acid. My litmus strip turned a very bright red. I need to know...

Which way should they administer the anesthetic? [ 4 Answers ]

Okeyy right I've been told by my consultant that I might need an operation on my leg under general anesthetic and I've been given the choice of how they administer it if it does go ahead. Either by an IV or through breathing a gas but I'm not sure which one. Which one do you think is best?

View more questions Search