Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jvonn89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2016, 06:40 AM
    19 month old with a cough that seems to be getting worse
    My 19 month old son has been sick for about 4 days now and I've been running the humidifier and putting vapor rub on his chest and back. He doesn't know how to blow his nose yet so yesterday I picked up a battery operated booger sucker. My question is : Is there anything else I can do for him aside taking him to the doctor to get checked out? This is the first time he has ever been sick with a cold.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 12, 2016, 07:37 AM
    His TEMP is very important. First thing a doctor will ask.
    Keep him full of warm broth and other weak fluids. Any food should be bland and as liquid as possible, such as oatmeal.
    Wait 1/2 hour. Take his temp then. Answer back.

And be very careful with humidifiers! They get moldy very fast and you may not see it, and must be CLEANED often.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2016, 11:04 AM
    Is there anything else I can do for him aside taking him to the doctor to get checked out? Any reason why you want home remedies and not professional help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When a 1-month old infant has a cough [ 4 Answers ]

My baby is 5- weeks old and he sneezes, has a runny and stuffy nose, and has a cough that seems to bother him. When I took him to the dr. she said that I can give him saline drops for his stuffy nose. She also checked his throat and said it was a little red, so she prescribed him amoxicillin for...

Is it OK that my breakthrough bleeding was worse the second month? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently been changing birth control brands a lot (I know it's bad, that is why I am giving this one the full 3 months.) I was on a very high estrogen dose (Ovcon 50) and then had to switch down to a lower one in January (Necon 1-35). I had breakthrough bleeding the first two months on...

I been on 4 antibiotics, have a cough, short of breath getting worse? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been sick... cold, flu like for past 4 months... nothing seems to help me get better.. I've been on 4 antibiotics... I have sore throat, difficulty swallowing, most lately shortness of breath, fatigue... been to the doctor 3 times... keep treating me for sinisitus... I think I might have...

Cough and cold for 13 month old [ 4 Answers ]

What can I give my 13 month old daughter who weighs 28 pounds

Receipy of cough syrup for my 6 month old baby [ 1 Answers ]

I have 6 month old baby girl she suffer from cold & cough from last 2 week

View more questions Search