Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MonsterCycle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
    Why are my audio drivers changed from Realtek to NVidia HDMI drivers?
    I have a problem with my sound. I use to have Realtek Audio drivers that worked now for some reason automatic updates has given me NVidia HDMI drivers. I don't have a NVdiia sound card but I do have a NVidia graphics card. When I uninstall the NVidia drivers and restart my computer it reinstalls them. My Realtek drivers don't work anymore. I just want onboard audio working again. I went into bios and it states I'm using onboard audio.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 13, 2016, 09:20 AM
    Well you just reminded me why I have windows automatic updates turned off. It's not that big a deal to do it myself every month or so. Never, I repeat, Never let MS decide what software for hardware drivers to install. Now you know why. I have been screwed in the past with creative audio updates from them and lan driver updates that caused both audio and lan to fail. I don't trust them over an actual download from the manufacturer of my hardware specific to my model number. You can try to do a system restore to wipe out what they did but choose the right one and do it from safe mode (hit F8 repeatedly during startup and if it takes you to a screen to choose which drive to use, choose your boot drive and immediately hit F8 again after). Criticals and Important updates OK, but never hardware or software. At the least select automatic download but let me choose if you need it to be automatic.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jul 10, 2016, 06:25 AM
    In my review of my past replies I realized I didn't really answer your question. In the event someone else also runs into this issue there is this. Open the Control Panel and set "view by: to small icons and click on Realtek HD audio Manager. On the top right drop down the "set default device" and select Realtek as the default device. I'm not sure what the difference is between default device and communication device mine seems to be the device not communication.

here is a page with more detailed information:
    http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-c...-device?page=1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My PC lags with my nvidia geforce 8800 gt with new drivers [ 0 Answers ]

HI, I have intel core 2 duo with nvidia geforce 8800 gt,, my PC was working fine with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.. game were running perfectly, when I formatted my PC and reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 64 bit then my PC started lagging, I tried all new drivers for nvidia but still lagging,, when I...

Audio drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I can't instaled audio drives in my computer

No audio device drivers [ 11 Answers ]

I have a newly acquired Dell Optiplex GX260 with 512 mg of ram. It has had a clean install and when I connected my external speakers I got the usual light buzzing sound from them but the PC says "no audio drivers". Could this be because of the clean install? Secondly how do I install new drivers if...

AUDIO Drivers [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I came back to France from the USA with my 8300 Dell system. Recently I got corrupted from a very bad virus and decided to format complytely and upgrades to SP2 the system and reloaded all drivers. Including the audio one from the Dell drivers disk. Everything is working...

Audio drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem while I am installing audio drivers Its asking you have to download multimedia audio controllers What should I do

View more questions Search