Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2016, 07:40 PM
    How do I fix the air flow in my 1992 dodge dakota
    I have a 1992 dodge dakota, when I turn on the blower motor I can only get air through either the defrost vents at the windshield, or the floor vents, but not through the front facing vents. The hvac controls are push button not sliders, so is this an electrical problem with the hvac controls, or is it something else? Also, the blower motor works on every speed but high, is this also an electrical fault, or could this be related to the blower motor resistor or blower motor switch itself. Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2016, 06:18 AM
    The air flow problem may be caused by a vacuum or diaphragm leak--check the lines first. Since the blower motor works on every speed but high, that indicates it is not caused by the blower motor resistor. If the resistor were bad it would work on high but not on lower speeds. Therefore, I would check out the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you diagnose the Tachometer and Horn circuit on a 1992 Dodge Dakota? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm working on a 1992 Dodge Dakota. The horn and tachometer are not working. According the fuse diagram they are both on the same circuit. The fuse is good, and there is power to the fuse location for that circuit. What else can I check to diagnose this circuit? Thanks.

Quick fix for bad return air flow? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to solve the problem of me shivering downstairs while my husband is sweating in the bedroom. For a perfect fix, I probably need to install a jumper duct on the return system, but I'd rather improve the situation with work I could do myself. Our downstairs is basically one big open space...

1992 dodge dakota 3.9 runs rough [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 dakota 3.9 automatic when you start it it will run fine but when you shut it off and restart it it will run rough and start popping real bad , you have to shut it off to clear it , the plugs where changed and wires and cap , I checked the fuel pressure and it is 34 when it runs rough...

How do I test a mass air flow sensor on a 1992 4 cylinder toyota pickup 22re engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do I test a mass air flow sensor on a 1992 4 cylinder toyota pickup 22re engine

89 Dodge Dakota [ 18 Answers ]

I have a dodge dakota when I turn the key nothing happens not one thing all fuses are good please help I ckecked all of the fuses under the hood and in the cab I died while driving it down the road

View more questions Search