Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsd1978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2016, 04:44 PM
    Repo question
    Hello everyone,

Can a credit union repossess my vehicle if they don't have no lien on it? They used to own it in the past with a lien, but I refinanced it with a different bank that has the lien on it. The auto loan is current and up to date on the payments.

I have a personal loan and credit card account that is in default with the credit union bank that wants to repossess it do they have the legal right to do this ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2016, 06:31 PM
    You owe them money, apparently in arrears. They will go after your assets, one of which is the car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2016, 08:35 PM
    Be sure, that if and when you took the other loans, all collateral was not merged. This is a common practice with credit unions, so that no one part of collarteral is free, till all the loans are paid.

You will need to check the paper work.

2nd of course, this may just be a collection scam, to try and make you find the money and pay them.

And of course they may be planning on a law suit and request to attach the vehicle for payment.

So the answer is yes, it is possible, depending on the fine print of your loan agreements.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2016, 12:32 PM
    Assuming the title does not list them as the lienholder, then they would have to go to court to get a judgment and get a writ of attachment. But if they do so, they certainly can.

However, if you never got a new title and they are still listed as lienholder they can repo it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repo question how long they have to move it? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a mobile home (double wide) and repo it on us and told us to move everything out before July 18 2011 we did but they still have not came and moved the home what can we do to get this home off our land we did not mortgage our land with this home

Repo [ 3 Answers ]

How badly does a voluntary car repo effect your credit score ? And is there such a thing a voluntary repo to begin with

Question about a voluntary repo [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question, if a car is voluntarily repossessed, when the car is resold to someone at auction or wherever the amount I know left over is the responsibility of the person who voluntarily repo'd the vehicle, does this price include interest that was on the loan also or just the amount financed...

Repo [ 1 Answers ]

We just got our truck repo-ed. We have had it for 5 yrs paying on it and recently we were not able to make the payments so we were 75days behind. We sent in a payment last week which was returned. So, now our truck got repo-ed. When we called to see about making arrangements to get our (ex)...

Repo Question [ 2 Answers ]

If a vehicle is repossessed by the dealer that sold it to you and resale’s the vehicle for more then you owed on the loan, who would be entitled to the extra money?

View more questions Search