Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brandy45215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 06:38 PM
    Can you hook a vhs/dvd player to a TV that has no cable box?
    Can you hook a vhs/dvd player to a TV that has no cable box, its just a plain old TV
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2016, 06:28 AM
    Sure, assuming the player has outputs that match the TV's inputs. Normally a TV will have, at least, a Co-Ax input and the player should have a Co-Ax output.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2016, 09:38 AM
    Depending on how old the units are, you may have HDMI ports on both. I have a TV in a cabin, no TV reception or cable available. We use the TV for video use only, HDMI port to port with a Sony DVD player. Works perfectly. On older units, use the 3 cable set up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect HD Cable box to Magnavox DVD/VHS player, to Samsung HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

My HD Cable box has the three inputs Red/Green/Blue ((Pr/Pb/Y) with a component cable that exactly matches the back of my Samsung HDTV, but I want to put the new Magnavox DVD/VCR in the middle, and it only has the red/yellow/white plug ins... I am an electronic moron and I need HELP as soon as...

How to hook up DVD player to Direct TV box and to old TV with just one cable input? [ 18 Answers ]

Well I've tried for hours to hook up a DVD player with only 1-set of Jack s RED Yell> White.. I have a Direct TV box and the TV is old but great pict. IT has only one hook up on Back and it's is for Cable in! Tried 20 sites on the web ,none of them work. They keep adding a VCR that I don't have! It...

How to hook up a DVD/VHS recorder, HDTV, and cable box? [ 5 Answers ]

More specifically... A Panasonic DMR-EZ475V, a Sharp Aquos 1080p HDTV, and a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HDC cable box We have tried to use all of the diagrams provided by Panasonic to hook up the 3 devices, but none included the use of an HDMI cable. If anymore details are needed, will...

Dish Network box to my vhs/dvd player? [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to hook-up a vhs/dvd player to a Dish Network DVR box? I want to record directly off the TV to my own vhs tape. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

TV, Sony DVD/VHS recorder, Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable Box Connections? [ 1 Answers ]

Could not find a catetgory for Audio / Visual Equipment... so my question is... for anyone reading this... I have a Toshiba (CRT) TV, a Scientfiic Atlanta cable box, and a new Sony RDR-VXD655 combination DVD/VHS recorder. I would like to simultaneously watch one program and record another......

View more questions Search