Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious68 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 12:42 PM
    Is is possible to find out paterinity from someone who has been deceased for over 30
    I've never met my alleged father, my Mother was never married to him. They are both deceased. He died at 27 and she died at 59.

It's always been in the back of my mind to find out if he is my Father, I just would like some kind of personal closure.

He did father a son through another woman.. Is there any possibilities of DNA concluding anything thru a half brother?

My alleged father was also in the service a very long time ago - would they have any info.

I don't even know where to begin - that's why I just left it go, but I'll always wonder .

Thanks
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 01:22 PM
    I believe, if you get your half-brother's DNA, you should be able to tell if you're siblings or not. If you are then you have an answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 09:19 PM
    If the possible "half brother" will agree, you and he can do a DNA testing (use a good proper lab) The test results will not be 100 percent, but if you both had the same father, the test should show it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2016, 03:53 AM
    The military won't be able to help you.
    Yes, the other son's DNA compared to yours will help (although it assumes that your father really was his father AND that he really was your father!)

The best DNA comparison would be yours with the other son PLUS males in your father's family, such as a brother, cousin, uncle, even his father, if still alive.
    That would clinch it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out if my estranged deceased husband had a 401k [ 5 Answers ]

My estranged husband died December 2014, at time of death he was living with a woman described on his death certificate as his companion. I need to find out if he had any 401 k's or life insurance. Can you tell me how I can go about this. He lived in the state of Florida, I reside in SC.

How can I find my deceased father's 401k money? [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed away October 4, 2010. My Aunt Susan his sister, has let me know that he had a 401k. My father has never paid child support, and was not there for me ever. My question to you is am I entitled to his 401k? I know his ssn# His name is also on my birth certicicate. If there is...

How to find out if a will has been claimed for my deceased father [ 4 Answers ]

My father was left an hineretence from a good friend my father passed away in 1990 his friend come looking for him in 1995 but my only remain uncle has not spoke about the visit since I have a copy of this will and there is me and to brothers left how could we see if he claimed this will

Paterinity Testing for deceased [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband did paternity test for my son after 7 years and found out he wasn't the father and I searched and found my son's biological father is deceased. How do I go about finding out paternity?:confused:

How can I find all his insurance policies on my deceased father [ 2 Answers ]

There are several insurance policies on my father held by several different people and no one will produce one so we can get him barried. What method do I take to find them?:confused: {moved from Forum Help-Please take more care in choosing a posting forum-<>}

View more questions Search