Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolawalton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 10:42 AM
    Booster pest control treatment
    My termite company here in Pensacola, FL, Escambia County, informed me that it will be mandatory soon for homeowners to have a 7-year Termite Booster Treatment. I am trying to get more information on this. I live alone and am on a fixed income ( Social Security). Can you provide me with any help on this? I really would appreciate it.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 11:02 AM
    My termite company here in Pensacola, FL, Escambia County, informed me that it will be mandatory soon
    That sounds like a scam to me.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 02:09 PM
    Some of the termite control chemicals used in the 90s did not have an effective life of more than 10 or 15 years. The "mandatory" part, unless Florida law is very different from other states, is to renew the company's warranty on the building. Your best bet is to contact the local Agriculture Department Extension Office to check on Florida laws. After that you may be able to shop around for the best deal on a new Termite warranty. Be warned, many companies will require that they do a treatment themselves in order to have treatment records on file.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 13, 2016, 05:50 AM
    Call a local government agency. I think you will find that current rules (probably EPA) require that an inspection be done and signs of a termite infestation be found before a treatment CAN be done, not that a treatment MUST be done.

Current government regulations do every thing they can to limit the use of pesticides.

Therefore, I think you are being mislead by your pesticide company. They want to do an inspection and have you pay for a treatment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to install booster pump when you have a water treatment system? [ 11 Answers ]

I am planning to add Grundfos MQ3-35 96860172 3/4 HP Pressure Booster Pump - 115 Volt with a Pressure Reducing Valve in front to my townhouse but I am unsure where to install it. I have a water treatment system (carbon tank, water softener, with a flow on demand system) install just after the...

Pest Control [ 4 Answers ]

I also have carpet beedles in my bed, mostly crawling on my legs and feet, they are also in my shoes. They are under my desk where I have my computer. Have had my house sprayed 4 times to no avail. They are driving me crazy. I put flea and tick powder in and underside of couch, in baseboards. ...

"Booster" Pest Control Treatment [ 2 Answers ]

We just received a letter from our pest control company (Company A) that we are due for a termite booster treatment. We have been given three options, and I quote. "Option1: Allowing use of Termidor Perimeter plus eliminating some drilling and or treatment allowing us to keep your costs down...

Pest control [ 1 Answers ]

How do I keep bees off my hummingbird feeder?

View more questions Search