Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamzmaxwell Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 07:22 AM
    What is inside a punching bag?
    What is the best thing to fill the punching bag?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2016, 02:00 PM
    There are many different fillers for the bags depending on preference and the resistance that you want.

High Density Foam
    Water
    Fiber and Sand
    Compacted packing peanuts
    Compressed fabric
    ... etc.

Here's an option: Go to a sporting goods store and punch on a few different ones and fill your own bag with what is in the one that you like the most.
    Arran Alston Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Feb 20, 2016, 02:48 AM
    A punching bag can be filled with a variety of different materials like mattress foam, cotton, rags, ripped clothes, sand, Styrofoam, shredded tires etc. You can try out different types of punching bag in a store to find out which one you like best and most comfortable with.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 1, 2016, 11:30 AM
    Depends on the bag. A speed bag normally has an inflated bladder inside to give it more bounce. A target bag is usually foam filled and covered in nitrile or neoprene. A heavy bag is normally something durable like leather or canvas filled with sand or other finely shredded material.

They each have their uses: speed, accuracy, power.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried my law timeclock punching in and out [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and would like to know if you are a salaried employee but you are required to punch a time clock in and out. When I was hired I was told my hours were 7:30 to 4:30 with an hour lunch. The work load is more like a 50 to 55 hours a week. I normally put in 52 hours a week without...

Boy gets tagged for punching teacher [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to find out the name of a film we saw in 2007 about a youth who gets expelled from school for punching his teacher after his father had died he is then tagged and kept under home arrest

Worf a Punching Bag? [ 4 Answers ]

Ever notice how the supposedly formidable Klingon warrior Worf is always getting beat Up by other aliens? One alien sent him flying across the room as if swatting a fly away. Data, punched him in the stomach and after Worf growled in order to save face he collapsed In a heap. The Ferenge...

Punching accuracy [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about improve my punching accuracy and still keep my speed for it seem that when I put all my will to be accurate the speed at wich usely strike has decreese would you plese help me solve this problem.

View more questions Search