Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fayakeenulhaque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2016, 02:51 AM
    Length measurement
    Hi

I need to find the length of thread that is winded in a bobbin. I tried to find out with the rotation of the shaft. But as the diameter of the bobbin (with thread) increases the length winded is also increasing.

Say,
    On the initial stage the thread winded for 10 rotation of shaft is 13 inches
    After some stage for same 10 rotation of shaft thread winded is 21 inches
    And in the final stage for 10 rotation of shaft thread winded is 30 inches.

Is there any formula I can use here?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 06:56 AM
    I assume you want a formula that calculates the total length of thread wound for X number of revolutions of the bobbin, starting with an empty bobbin - correct? You will need to tell us how many revolutions it takes to get from the initial stage of 13 inches/10 revs to the 2nd stage of 21 inches/10 rev to the 3rd state of 30 inches/10 rev. With that data we can determine the rate of increase of the wrapping radius as a function of revolution of the bobbin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Measurement [ 2 Answers ]

Why can 3/8 inch not be a length nearest to a 1/4 inch?

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is more than 1/2 the length,length=? Widt [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is 2m more than 1/2 the length, what is the length and width of the pool?

Converting Slope arc Length to Flat Arc Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Given parameters are:- Slope arc length Angle on Slope

What measurement should be given first [ 1 Answers ]

Once I ordered some replacement windows for a house. The discussion during this order was what should be given first the width or the length?

View more questions Search