Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlewis1203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2016, 10:37 AM
    Dreams
    My husband had a dream last night about a woman he has never met, but she told him he was the father of her child. He had a DNA test done and said that the Dr switched his swab for someone else's, so he said he would go through the hospital tests. In the meantime, this woman said she was taking him to court for child support. What could his dream possibly mean?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2016, 11:08 AM
    It's a dream. What do any dreams mean? I wouldn't get too upset over it. He's not cheating on you in REM sleep.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2016, 11:39 AM
    Maybe his biggest fear is having a child he never knew, or some woman from his past swearing her kid is his. I don't know, but sounds as good as any to me. Did he have any one night stands, or other females before you?

{LIKELY}

PS- Sounds like a NIGHTMARE, not a dream, maybe he ate something weird that didn't agree with him? :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2016, 08:53 PM
    Not to watch too many movies, or eat cold pizza.

It is a dream, most do not mean anything, but merely our minds thinking about something from the past.

If of course he had a lot of sex in the past, he may have always wondered if he had a child somewhere.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlewis1203 View Post
    My husband had a dream last night about a woman he has never met, but she told him he was the father of her child. He had a DNA test done and said that the Dr switched his swab for someone else's, so he said he would go through the hospital tests. In the meantime, this woman said she was taking him to court for child support. What could his dream possibly mean?
    Nothing.

I had a vivid dream that I had a steamy encounter with a slight chinese woman. My wife is a stout english woman. What does it mean? I had a dream. Nothing beyond that. No one can be responsible for what their subconscious does during a dream.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 11, 2016, 07:09 AM
    Perhaps his conscience is acting up.

It's not impossible that he may have had encounters with 'faceless' women (that meant nothing other than a roll in the hay), before his commitment to you.

We know that birth control is a problem, in that, both men and women can't take three seconds to make sure no pregnancy results from the tryst.

He may not know who the woman in his dreams is, or he may know who she is, who knows. That she is faceless, may mean he knows more than he's letting on, or he has a true inkling that he may have fathered a child, and been vaguely aware of it, from his past. Maybe his past is catching up with him, maybe he's heard rumours, maybe he due for a rude awakening, and the dream is merely something to gently tell you that there could be a 'problem'...

Then again, it could mean he ate something that disagreed with him, and means nothing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2016, 08:51 AM
    We cook up dreams from snippets of our days, years, pasts, what we hear and see on news or from friends or total strangers, even for a fleeting split second. THAT'S ALL!

DNA stories are all over the place. I find some of them fascinating. Maybe he does too. One in several million women gives birth to a child with different DNA, and some infants have been ripped from mothers, and mothers charged with switching babies, and so on - now that's a real life nightmare. Not some stupid dream.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Fairchild

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do my dreams mean? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having loads of weird dreams recently, always where I am someone or something different, or pregnant. I have had many dreams where I am a man. I have been a fighter pilot in WW1 and WW2 and when I return home the women who look after me and fall in love with me are always girls that...

A boy dreams up plans to some machine also dreams he is flying [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a movie in the 90's that I can't remember the name of. All I can remember is some boy has these dreams where he sees plans for some sort of machine bit by bit and he is flying in the dreams.

My dreams [ 2 Answers ]

I frequently have dreams that I am flying, not on a plane, but just my body is flying. Sometimes I am flying away from someone who is chasing me. If I fly too high, I can't fly anymore and I fall back to the ground. What does this mean?

Dreams ! [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys believe that God can speak to you through dreams..

View more questions Search