Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Feb 8, 2016, 06:44 PM
    Could I be pregnant after a tubal?
    I had my tubes tied 8 years ago. Last month around the 9th I started what I thought was my period except it wasn't a period. Bleeding lasted for four days off and on. It was very light with no clots... My cycles are always very very heavy with lots of huge clots. I didn't have any pms symptoms as well. Over the past month I have noticed some slight changes. I was due for my period to begin on the 6th of February but it has yet to show up and I haven't been having my normal pms symptoms. I normally cramp for two weeks before, break out and become extremely moody. Haven't had any break outs, have been cramping slightly but nothing like normal. My boobs are always sooooo sore two weeks before but the only difference is my boobs haven't hurt at all but do feel slightly heavier. I have taken 4 dollar store test using first morning urine but they all say negative. Could this be my cycle changing? I'm only 33 so I don't think I'm going through the change yet.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2016, 07:10 PM
    Women do get pregnant after tubals. Stats vary according to what kind of method was used and in how many spots along the tubes.

You are young, but can be going into peri-menopause.

You could be in that vast category of 'it means nothing,' just because we have so many quirks in our body chemistry. What may be your routine for months or years can have a weird month, or a total change, and actually changing as we age is the most common.

So.... pregnant, just a glitch, or menopause. Keep doing HPTs and wait, and then see your doctor, without urgency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant with a tubal [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently experiencing some minor concerns. I am a 33 year old mother of four, three I delivered and one older stepson. After the birth of my now almost 9 year old I had my tubes tied. At the time it seemed like the perfect choice for our family. I had gotten pregnant with my second child...

Pregnant after tubal ligation? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 28 and had my tubes tied 5.5 years ago after a c-section. I don't keep up with my cycle because I obviously didn't think I could get pregnant. I know that my last period was at least a month ago. 6 days ago I experienced very light pink spotting only when I wiped (not at all normal for me, I...

Tubal and pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 35 years old. I have had a tubal in 2004. I am experiencing pregnancy signs. I am not sure what all was done on my tubal. I have taken 2 tests and both were negative. But I still haven't started.. At this point I am not sure what to think. Any suggestions..

Pregnant after tubal [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here goes,I had my tubal 4 yrs ago after my 3rd child. Well here it is Aug 2 and I haven't had a period since April,my periods were iregular (about every other month) I took a hpt test back in may cause I was having some signs of pregnancy but it was negative . Almost 3 months later and I...

Could I be pregnant after a tubal? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I've been having symptoms of pregnancy but had my tubes tied almost 4 years ago. I'm 29 years old and would love to have another child. I'm 2 days late on my period and I was just wondering what are my chances of being pregnant. I hope someone can help me!

View more questions Search