Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcsmith121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2016, 01:14 PM
    Minimum inside temperature for heat pump furnace
    I have an air source heat pump with propane backup. The system switches to propane when the outside temp is below 26 degrees.

I want to turn the inside temp down as low as possible, while gone for a couple of months. What is the lowest inside temperature that I should set it at?

I have heard that there is a limit to how cold it can be inside and still have the heat pump operate properly.

Thks,
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2016, 01:51 PM
    Your best answer would come from the tech guys at the manufacturers site. I have a wifi stat and set mine to 47 when we are away for the winter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump continues to heat house when temperature is above setting [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My heat pump won't stop heating my house when the temperature gets above the setting. Example: Outside temperature: 14 degrees F Inside temperature setting: 68 degrees F Actual inside temperature: 74 degrees F (and still heating) I have EMERGENCY HEAT on because its so cold.

Minimum heat pump thermostat setting [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Canada. I go south for the winter. I have been setting my heat pump themostat at 60 degrees. No problem. However, I want to save more electricity. So, how low can I set my thermostat without risking mechanical damage to my heat pump system?

Landlord tenant law pennsylvania-heat-minimum allowable temperature [ 1 Answers ]

Landlord tenant law pennsylvania-heat-minimum allowable temperature for owner paid heat

Heat pumps and minimum outdoor temperature [ 2 Answers ]

I had a heat pump installed a few months ago. The installer set the auxillery heat to take over at 25 degrees. The heat pump has no problem heating my house at this temperature, but I am worried that it is less efficient at these low temperatures than my gas furnace. My worry is not about the...

Minimum safe ambient temperature for furnace operation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home with a gas fired downflow furnace. The furnace was installed in 1995 and is manufacturered by Coleman. In order to save on the energy bill I am considering lowering the setpoint on the T-stat below the 55 deg F minimum position . I can accomplish this by using an old mercury...

View more questions Search