Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pensyl4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2016, 07:03 AM
    2002 Honda CR-V Poor Handling On Ice
    Hi, I have a 2002 Honda CR-V with good winter tires & recent safety that handles terrible on ice. Around 60kph it starts to move side to side & it feels like I have no control. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2016, 07:15 AM
    EX or LX? At 60KPH (36MPH) you are driving too fast on ice.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 8, 2016, 04:47 PM
    Side to side?
    What kind of tires? Have they got the proper air pressure?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2016, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pensyl4 View Post
    Hi, I have a 2002 Honda CR-V with good winter tires & recent safety that handles terrible on ice. Around 60kph it starts to move side to side & it feels like I have no control. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Anything that doesn't have chains or studs on every tire handles poorly on ice.

Because of the way you presented that question...I have to ask have you EVER driven on ice before? And you did say ICE not snow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

Ive locked my keys in my car. Any way to unlock a 2002 honda accord, or should I just call a lock smith?

What is the proper Honda coolant for a 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a Honda coolant that is already mixed so I don't have to do the 50/50 mix with distilled water? What is the proper Honda coolant for a 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6?

Honda Civic Poor Gas Mileage (Running Rich)? [ 2 Answers ]

TXGREASEMONKEY Car seems to run pretty good. At cold start it dies at stoplight about 2 miles from house. Auto Trans Ran Scan Tool and I was told its running rich and I guess that is part of my MPG prob and possibly the idle. Can you tell me what all to do or look for. Scan Tool numbers...

What cause my honda civic type i.e. to have poor take off from rest [ 1 Answers ]

What cause my honda civic type i.e. to have poor take off from rest

2002 honda crv [ 1 Answers ]

How to fix my - Evap emission control system leak detected on my 2002 honda crv Thanks You can reach me @ [email protected]

View more questions Search