Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2016, 06:43 AM
    Proposal locations in Cincinnati Ohio, indoor and outdoor?
    Hello, I am planning to propose to my girlfriend the first week of March of 2016 in Cincinnati, so I have roughly a month. I have visited Cincinnati multiple times and I have family members that live there. Since I do not live in Ohio, I was in need of ideas for locations to propose. Considering the weather might be unpleasant (rain, snow, mix), I am looking for both indoor and outdoor locations.

I plan to propose at the end of a photo shoot, so she does not expect anything. I prefer not popping the question at a restaurant, I always imagined it like the photos you see with the faint white lights in the background in a romantic setting. For me that setting can either be indoors or outdoors. Just looking for a plan "B" (indoors) just in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2016, 07:11 AM
    Down by the riverfront is very nice. Union Terminal. You could do a flashmob to Bruno Mars’ “I think I want to marry you” at Fountain Square. Krohn Conservatory in Eden Park where you have the city as the backdrop. Also on the Covington or Newport, KY side in the evening where you have the city lights as the backdrop – that would be very nice. Or King’s Island – they do an ice rink in the winter time and you could act like you fell and then get up with the ring. But check that first, I haven’t been toe Kings Island in the winter in years.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2016, 07:56 AM
    Why does a proposal have to be a production? Proposing marriage is an intimate thing. While it can be fun and nice to proclaim your love loudly and publicly, like at a sporting event unless you are going to do something like that, I vote for a quiet evening at home.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2016, 08:48 AM
    Why don't you propose as part of the photo shoot so as to capture her expression in a picture to save for an eternity?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2016, 09:03 AM
    One other one I meant to mention was a dinner cruise down the Ohio River. That would be a nice venue.
    johnny383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2016, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Why don't you propose as part of the photo shoot so as to capture her expression in a picture to save for an eternity?
    That's the plan, I just need a romantic background setting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will I have to do in jail for a probation violation in Cincinnati Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

How long will have to do in jail for a probation violation in Cincinnati Ohio; and I didn't catch any other cases

Where is the GREG J. BAKER FAMILY of Cincinnati, Norwood, Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

The BAKER Family: GREG J. Baker, BRIAN C. Baker, and MINDY G. Baker of CINCINNATI, Ohio. One or more of them my have lived in Norwood, Lebanon, & Franklin, Ohio. Where are they?? Greg and Brian used to reside in Tallahassee, Florida; I am their former neighbor from Tallahassee. After Greg...

Outdoor or Indoor Cat? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is about 10 weeks old now and currently an outdoor cat. I brought her inside and she did great with her litter box. One problem I am facing currently is that I will have to transfer her to my home in California. I am currently visiting Indiana where she was born from a cat my...

View more questions Search