Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtlMaryJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2016, 10:06 PM
    I want to be a sought after writer... editorial writing
    I have been writing since the 4th grade. I was acknowledged by my hometown for it when I was just 9 years old.

I have had 2 editorials published in the newspaper (one earned me a radio interview, the other a bomb threat to my high school). I have done 2 freelance articles, both on self improvement.

My outlook on the world is very "outside the box", mostly about relationships, women and my race (I am an AA woman).

I have a blog but I have received much traction, except for one article (about Paula Seen).

What can I do? I am 36 and I am a damn janitor. I have a great life story, great insight to things and yet I am nowhere.

Any advice?

Aspiring Writer, Domestic Violence Survivor, Polyamorous
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2016, 07:14 AM
    Sorry but 2 editorials published, and some of those in high school, what have you published since then, do you publish several a year? At least. Writing to dozens of places a month ?

Your blog, how many thousand readers do you have ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 7, 2016, 08:21 AM
    What you might think about doing is making youtube videos and then refferencing it back to your blog for further discussion / information. Also you can be a writer for local papers but it pays nothing. Your work will get out there. It is up to you to self promote because this is a highly competitive field. Once you have a following then you might be able to step up to bigger papers and a paid position. For now just being great doesnt mean you have paid your dues.
    AtlMaryJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2016, 08:29 AM
    Understood. Thank you.

Aspiring Writer, Domestic Violence Survivor, Polyamorous
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2016, 01:43 PM
    I disagree with using You Tube videos. That's not writing. What you need to do is wrote articles and submit them to various magazines both print and online. If your writing is good and your viewpoints insightful, you will get published. More importantly, you will be come known and be a sought after writer.

A friend of mine wrote a blog on how bad the interface was for the original ObamaCare website. A news service picked it up and he has become a go to expert on technology in the media.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Editorial slander in newspapers [ 7 Answers ]

My local newspaper has run a number of editorials that are basically personal hate "attack" editorials. They are harming my business in this small town. Many of these editorials suggest I move out of town. Is the newspaper responsible for making sure libel or slander are not a part of accepted...

Is the writer of 1st, 2nd & 3rd John same as John the Divine writer of Revelation? [ 8 Answers ]

I believe they are two different people but my friends say the writer of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd John is the same as the writer of the book of Revelation.

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer [ 2 Answers ]

I have Asus external CD writer and I want to change to DVD Writer, I don't know how to dismantle the external drive

Use CD Writer as DVD Readr/Writer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find the way to use a CD writer as a DVD Writer.

Dvd writer not writing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to write a dvd movies (4.4gb) on a dvd (4.7gb) using nero 7 essentials.but every time it says could not locate start / stop points insert a blank dvd.what could be the problem?

View more questions Search