Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2016, 07:57 PM
    Why did this guy suddenly stop talking to me?
    Literally out of the blue he just stopped texting me. I don't understand what I did wrong. We were talking for awhile and he said he was interested and that I was beautiful. We started texting here and there, he lives away at the moment but comes to my home town often. We made plans to hang out and see what happens. I even asked if he was interested in having a girlfriend, he said yes definitely. I said I was happy to hear that, and I never heard from him again. I don't feel as though I was bombarding him with texts or anything, so I'm unsure if I annoyed him or made myself too available or something. I thought he felt the same way, I messaged him to ask if he was ignoring me because he has been active on Facebook. I got no reply. The message is shown as "read" each time but I get no answers or anything. He is literally ignoring me 100%. All I wanted was an explanation, that's what makes me the most upset. Not the fact that he changed his mind. I don't understand why someone would do this? Does anyone have any answers or ideas? I just wrote him one final message saying that's just of him. I feel messed with and can't help but be confused and mad, what a coward in my eyes.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2016, 08:28 PM
    The no-reply isn't clear enough? I'm betting he wants to avoid conversation because he knows it would turn into an argument or your demand for an explanation. He doesn't want to talk or explain or be forced to apologize.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2016, 09:48 PM
    Normally there is no answer, and most men (and women) when they want to end a relationship, just end it, they do not like the yelling, crying and other issues involved trying to end it with messages.

The fact he is not answering should be clear enough, he is not interested in following up with this.

I will also want to mention, you do not ask, if he wants a girlfriend, those things just happen and depending on his culture, is not even something the girl should bring up.
    NO idea where you live or what culture he is from.

Also, how many times did you meet in person? How many real, in person dates did you have?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2016, 06:54 AM
    He OBVIOUSLY has changed his mind and doesn't want to share that reason with you, so you may never know, so leave the "coward" alone and stop spinning your wheels and wasting your time.

Accept you were wrong about his interest in you, and learn from this online romance(?) experience. Or would you rather keep pushing this and lose ALL your dignity and self respect? I would take the VERY STRONG hint he sends you by ignoring you.

No one can say why he ignores you, just that is does, and pestering him for answers and stalking his social network is NOT the answer. So ignore him back is the thing to do.

Just be glad you know now his true character, which could be worse than you think. I can't believe you even swallowed his online crap, or got so serious or excited about it so soon.

WHY??

I even asked if he was interested in having a girlfriend,
    That alone would make a guy think twice and run for the hills. Obviously he probably has better options and opportunities, than you for whatever he wants.

Move on and don't dwell on this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 6, 2016, 01:42 PM
    Of course it hurts when you don't have answers.
    He's active on Facebook, so he isn't dead, sick, or injured. That means he just doesn't care anymore, or has a brand new love interest, and just doesn't care anymore. That means he's not worth sighing over. Be GLAD he did this now rather than later.

I suspect that he found someone. It's amazing how little people care about anything or anyone else when they fall for someone. Emotions change on a dime.

This is where friends are supposed to gather around and say things like I just said. "What a creep! Not worth it! Find someone who appreciates you!"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend suddenly stopped talking to me [ 4 Answers ]

I have an online boyfriend. We met about six months ago. We have shared a beautiful relationship. In the beginning though I didn't trust him so much but towards the last one month have really loved him. I felt he loves me too. Though he is younger to me but he was fine marrying me even then. Am...

Why has he suddenly stopped talking to me? [ 12 Answers ]

I have known this guy for over a year. We been seeing each other and been really great I thought. Not sure what's wrong with him but I'm sick of the way he ignores me. Not sure what to do. I like him a lot but, he is taking me for granted. I was okay with the whole thing. He has never once...

Why did this guy stop talking to me? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been talking to the same guy from about a month. We met at a party and started texting. A couple weeks later, we hung out and went to dinner. After that he told me he really liked me and wanted to hang out again. He told me to pick something to do this time since he picked dinner the first...

22 year old virgin, why did this guy stop talking to me because of it? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 22 and still a virgin, it has to do with my religion but also a personal choice as well. I haven't really dated or done anything sexual, other than kissing. I was talking to this one guy, the first night he met me we exchanged numbers, the next day he started talking dirty to me. I just went...

Why did a guy stop talking to me? [ 9 Answers ]

About 6 months ago, I met this guy through a friend of a friend. He got my number, started texting very regularly (at least 5 days a week) and eventually asked me to dinner which we did twice. Once more we hung out. After several months of this - occasional phone calls, regular texts, MANY times...

View more questions Search