Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kvradiology Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2016, 08:25 PM
    Veneer stone panel installation
    I am building a Ramada and a sunken in living area adjacent to my swimming pool. I have the pillars of the Ramada as well as one of the walls made of concrete cinderblock. I wanted to know if I can install the stone veneer panels directly to the cinder block without needing Vapor barriers, metal lath, scratch coat or any other material besides mortar behind the veneer stone?
    Thank you
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2016, 06:08 AM
    For the pillars yes just the mortar is fine, but not sure about the walls. I would consult with your local building code however before any work is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real thin-stone veneer; grout vs. Drystack [ 4 Answers ]

I have some thin-stone veneer I am applying on a new home. I'm wrapping outside corners 27" a side and 72" high. Stone is Ledgestone-Colorado Buff Sandstone about 7/8 to 1 1/4 thick. The manufacturer and everyone I checked with in the trade says they don't use a brickledge. I wanted to dry stack...

Where can I get the dry stack stone ledge or panel like the one used in DIYnetwork [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking and pricing the dry stack stone ledge or panel like the one used in DIY network Sweat Equit. Where can I get it?

Sub Panel Installation [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking to install a 100 Amp sub panel in my unfinished basement as the first step in completing my renovations on the lower level. The lower level is approximately 1000 sq ft (office, family/tv room, kids playroom and utility room). Here are a few key facts that might be useful to anyone...

Sub-Panel installation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a 100 amp sub panel in a shed located approx. 100' from the main house panel. The shed is a wood work shop where I will be using a variety of power tools from radial arm saw to table top saw. Is the 100 amp panel sufficient? What size wire should I use, I was told 6/3G. I will be...

Natural stone veneer [ 4 Answers ]

I'm planning to build a split face granite stone wall around my garage. Can anyone give me the ratio (shovels of sand, cement and/or mortar) to add for the mix. It's been years since I laid up a stone wall and don't remember it for sure. Also, any tips on cracking a stone, such as how to read the...

View more questions Search