Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HandxStands Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2016, 07:03 PM
    Pityriasis Rosea
    So, I was recently diagnosed with Pityriasis Roseas about a week ago and have had it for about a week and a half. Does anyone know of some home remedies to help alleviate the rash? I've noticed the rash continues to move up onto my neck and it is starting to become quite embarrassing with school and work. Has anyone on this website had it? Can anyone share some insight as to what the next couple weeks hold? Thanks! :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2016, 07:16 PM
    The Dr. that diagnosed it should have answered those questions for you, telling you that it typically goes away on it's own in a couple months... but that a steroid cream or antihistamine can help.

You may or may not experience itching with it. Don't be embarrassed, it's a medical condition that you will just have to ride out.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 5, 2016, 11:06 AM
    Weren't you given cortisone cream? What were you told/given?

I get every skin condition I can imagine, and 90% of the time, I use OTC 1% cortisone cream on it with very good results, even if it comes back once in a while. Just Northern European blonde blue eyed sensitive skin. Keep yourself clean without scented soaps, rinse VERY well, pat dry without rubbing, or better yet, walk around naked and air dry as often as you can. Keep your hair off your neck. Wear cotton clothes, loose ones that let air in. If you really want to go all out, change your diet too - healthy foods only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with Pityriasis Rubra Pilarisys [ 0 Answers ]

I have been suffering with this disease, also known as PRP. I have this since 5-6 years and today also I'm suffering with this. I am sick of this. I have taken so many medications but nothing really happened. Some doctors say there is no specific cure for this, it can be only controlled. Please...

Pitorious rosea [ 0 Answers ]

I have a honey comb pattern on my thighs when I sit in sun

View more questions Search