Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troublemakerman Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 4, 2016, 08:17 AM
    Knees
    I have arthritis in both my knees. I really don't want knee replacements. Has anyone here ever had any kind of injections?
    And what kind? Have they helped for a long time? Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2016, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemakerman View Post
    I have arthritis in both my knees. I really don't want knee replacements. Has anyone here ever had any kind of injections?
    And what kind? Have they helped for a long time? Thank you
    No one here can tell u, diagnose, your knee condition. Injections, no... surgery possibly. You have to be assessed by your doctor. You don't tell us how old you are, your medical information. So how would u expect us to tell u this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 4, 2016, 04:59 PM
    I do know several who have had injections, two closely, but as tickle says, YOU need to be advised by your doctor.
    And don't forget that ANY substance you put in your body has effects aside from their intended use. Even aspirin, Tylenol, and ibuprofin. Any cortisone, a steroid.

A very good and very well educated orthopedic surgeon told me once that he was sick of his profession because of all the people with bad knees who wouldn't lose weight, yet expected him to fix them.
    If that isn't you, my apologies. Certainly average weight people can have bad knees too, but weight is the # 1 bottleneck to good results of any treatment.
    Knee surgery has improved by leaps and bounds just in the last 10 years. My sister's husband just had his second knee operated on, with success on both.
    Of course a lot depends on the surgeon. Be sure you go (if you do) to a teaching hospital clinic. They do them in groups, with group meetings before and after. A sports medicine group is also a good option, or a well known ortho group.

Feb 4, 2016, 06:23 PM
    I'm not asking anybody here as what I should do. I was asking if anyone here had injections and if it helped them. I'm 75 years old, 6 foot 2 inches, 248 lbs. I have had cortisone shots in one knee, some time back. It helped for a while. But now I have the two knees that need help. I have heard about something about injections using something from a rooster. I was asking if anyone had other than cortisone shots?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 4, 2016, 06:43 PM
    My mother had the shots you are referring to. They did well for about 2 months. She ended up having a knee replacement at 74 and is running around like a spring chicken now.

Feb 10, 2016, 06:17 PM
    I went to the doctor and got cortisone shot in both knees. It's helped.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 10, 2016, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemakerman View Post
    I went to the doctor and got cortisone shot in both knees. It's helped.
    Just know that this is a temporary fix. Very temporary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Knees [ 5 Answers ]

Could anyone tell how to clen my dirty knees! I do a lot of yard work and I have small children . So over time my knees have become very dirty looking and dry . I have tried different loitions and cleansers , and although the dryness goes away they still look really dirty! Any advice or...

Pain in knees [ 0 Answers ]

Lately I've been having pain in both my knees, my nose has been bleeding almost every morning, I have cravings for tape, and I get fatigued easily. When I was 3 or 4 I had anemiadue to low levels of iron, so I was wondering if these symptoms of anemia coming back or not? Oh and also I was doing...

Killers on their knees [ 40 Answers ]

Hello Christians: An 11-year-old Wisconsin girl grew deathly ill recently while her parents prayed for her recovery. They weren't in a hospital. They weren't in an emergency room. They were in their home. Although the girl had probably, for at least a month, shown symptoms such vomiting, nausea...

View more questions Search