Ask
    JoAnnc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2016, 08:50 PM
    Speaking
    Why doesn't 4 yr old speak on complete sentences
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 09:26 PM
    Many don't. If your child is still having trouble with sentences, you can get free speech therapy after the age of 3 with most public school districts in the U.S. Try calling the local school or the district office for the information you need.
    Of course, they will screen your child first to find out if there are speech delays, etc. When your child enrolls in Kindergarten, the teacher will refer to speech therapy if he/she observes delays. I do this all of the time as a Kindergarten teacher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypothetically speaking [ 3 Answers ]

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Not speaking [ 1 Answers ]

4yrs old baby boy does not speak except one word yaa otherwise he is a very intelignet boy in all other activty.

Speaking [ 4 Answers ]

I have problem speaking. I am not able to express my ideas exactly in the way I want to. There is no flow in my sentence,my words gets jumbled in every sentence I make. I really don know wats my problem,I take my own time to locate the words but still I find it hard to make a perfect sentence....

Speaking French [ 2 Answers ]

Suggestions of an easy way to remember how form a french sentence correctly when speaking without having to think is it a noun verb etc before you speak I have just started learning French and at momemnt finding it very daunting

3 1/2 not speaking, what can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am worried that there is something wrong with my daughter, she is 3 years old now will turn 4 in August but she doesn't have any clear words yet. She can say "papa", "momma", "morning", "bye". She replies when called. She sways (dance) to music. But if she doesn't get she shouts and...

View more questions Search