Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sad23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2016, 12:36 PM
    ETG food
    Hello. I may have consumed a small amount alcohol. 4-5 forkfuls of risotto that had been cooked with some white wine and brandy ( I was unaware at the time) and a 1/2 a teaspoon of a sauce that also might have had wine cooked into it. At 11 pm last night. I have a Urine test ETG at 7 pm the following day. Which would be 20 hours after consumption of this food.

What are chances of it showing up on the ETG test. Will I fail? I try so hard to pay attention to these things but I didn't realized risotto was made with alcohol
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2016, 12:47 PM
    You have to wait to see. Its impossible to guess for certain because its impossible to guess how much alcohol remained before consumption. And how much did is the key and unknown variable.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 12:51 PM
    There's a possibility of failure. Most foods cooked with alcohol, the alcohol burns off, it's only for flavor. But there's no way to know for sure.

Sadly you'll have to wait for the results on this one.

Good luck.

Feb 3, 2016, 01:02 PM
    If this helps at all the cutoff for my tests is 500 ng but thanks for the input.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2016, 01:13 PM
    The reason it's a guess is because we don't know at what point it was added, how much or how long it was cooked at what temperature.

Huge difference between being added at the beginning the middle or the end. If there was parboiled rice used (like in a package) or if it was a proper risotto using arborio rice... made from scratch that takes a LOT longer to cook..

Feb 3, 2016, 01:32 PM
    I believe it was arborio rice, but yes I can see why it matters at what point it was added. I just feel so stressed about this. I don't want to skip the class and the test today, but I also don't want a positive test results. Its hard to say what the best move is here. My repercussions don't include jail but it might include longer time in the program or switching out of the DUI track and going into a substance abuse track.

Feb 3, 2016, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    The reason it's a guess is because we don't know at what point it was added, how much or how long it was cooked at what temperature.

Huge difference between being added at the beginning the middle or the end. If there was parboiled rice used (like in a package) or if it was a proper risotto using arborio rice... made from scratch that takes a LOT longer to cook..
    I believe it was arborio rice, but yes I can see why it matters at what point it was added. I just feel so stressed about this. I don't want to skip the class and the test today, but I also don't want a positive test results. Its hard to say what the best move is here. My repercussions don't include jail but it might include longer time in the program or switching out of the DUI track and going into a substance abuse track.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2016, 02:16 PM
    Tell your teacher of the class the situation you are in ASAP, you don't have to do it in front of anyone else. Maybe something can be worked out...

Also you better be using alcohol free formulations of everything else including toiletries etc...all exposure including incidental is cumulative.

Feb 3, 2016, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Tell your teacher of the class the situation you are in ASAP. Maybe something can be worked out...
    Thank you. Ill talk to her about it and see what happens. But I know with his center, that a positive EtG is positive and there isn't a whole lot they can do.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2016, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sad23 View Post
    Thank you. Ill talk to her about it and see what happens. But I know with his center, that a positive EtG is positive and there isn't a whole lot they can do.

It's a positive anyplace if its positive. They have no way of knowing if you are in fact abstaining... and in fact many people don't. That's why they simply assume you were with no excuses accepted. Always better to be safe than sorry. In the end you are responsible for yourself. And need to take any steps needed to stay that way.

Like I said..be extra careful with incidentals...like hand sanitizer, use soap and water instead...read ingredients on every product you buy before you buy it. Look for the alcohol free formulations.

A tiny bit here, a tiny bit there, another tiny bit someplace else and pretty soon its enough to fail a test even if you haven't drunk a drop.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 03:26 PM
    I hope you play it straight and attend the class and take the test. I think it's better to chance it and be honest about it than LOOK guilty or devious. When cooked with food a lot of the alcohol is cooked away, and that may also allow you to fall below the 500 level, if any is detected at all.

Deception is your enemy, and fear is optional so relax. Good chance most of the alcohol was cooked off even if added in the end process. Regardless play it straight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vanilla Extract in food ETG [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am aware that consuming vanilla extract in drinks such as coffee can cause a false EtG reading. I was wondering if baked goods such as deserts and cookies containing vanilla extract also run this same risk.

ETG Test After Eating Food with Wine [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had a desert that was cooked in wine on Saturday evening about 8 pm. One cup of wine was simmered and used in the whole desert, my piece was approximately 1/8 of the total. I ate one small piece when I learned the desert had wine it, and I threw the rest out. I took an EtG test on the...

I changed her food and she poops 3x the amount could this be due to the new food? [ 6 Answers ]

I changed my dogs food and she seems to be pooping three times the amount that she use too. She use to go 2 maybe 3 times a day now she goes like 8 times a day. Could this be due to the new food?

Why Fast food restaurants Have signs saying their food might cause Cancer? [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a sign outside jackn the box, saying that their foods are cooked in something that creates their food to have posibliity of causing cancer. My question is... if that's a risk to consumers, then why even make the food that way? Can't they cook it in a healthier form? And doesn't the FDA...

View more questions Search