Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    climatetech08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2016, 06:18 AM
    American children with philippine mother
    My philippine wife and our 2 american born children are going to philippines on balik bayan privilege program. She is natural mother of children. Just to be on the safe side I will get a outbound ticket out of the philippines,just in case airlines require it. My question is do the children also need outbond ticket being they hold american passport? Keep in mind their natural mother is a philippine citizen.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 3, 2016, 01:05 PM
    ... do the children also need outbond ticket ...?
    Correct: the airline won't let the children on the plane for their return journey unless they have tickets. This is of course obvious, so perhaps I misunderstand your question.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Feb 3, 2016, 01:16 PM
    The children are Philippine citizens, so it would be easier for them to enter and exit the Philippines on Philippine passports.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2016, 02:50 AM
    There are no restrictions for US citizens entering the Philippines as tourist as long as they are staying for under 30 days, have a valid US passport, and can present a return ticket or a ticket for transport onto another country. If your family intends to stay for over 30 days, they can apply for a visa extension for an additional 29 days. Beyond that you will need to look into obtaining visas before travelling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is children's father liable to pay rent for his children if he kicks the mother out? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 8 years. We have never been married. We have 3 children together.He owns the house we live in (in TN).He now wants to kick me out.The children are coming with me.I am currently trying to get disability and have no income. Would he be liable to pay...

What if your children's mother lets her boyfriend claim the fathers children [ 1 Answers ]

The mother of my children and I are spit up and she has a boyfriend and she said that h&r block said that he can claim my children on his taxes, Is this true?

What are the three reasons that gave rise to the Philippine-American hostilities [ 1 Answers ]

The beginning of the Philippine-American hostilities started when Filipinos were told to evacuated their position during the battle of Spain then they were not allowed to fight during the mock batlle and moreover Filipinos were not allowed to participate in any affair between Spain and U>S....

French mother, american father 5 children then became us citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, married my American father had 5 children, became a U.S. citizen then had another child. Are we eligible for dual citizenship between France and the U.S.

View more questions Search