Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lionfoxx Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2005, 02:35 PM
    Anti Scald show/Tub faucet? Worth it?
    I seen these before but are they really worth it, do they work and what is a good price for one I seen some really $$ and some not so $$. Is there any longevity issues?

Thanks, LFX.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2005, 04:18 PM
    Anti Scald show/Tub faucet? Worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lionfoxx
    I seen these before but are they really worth it, do they work and what is a good price for one I seen some really $$ and some not so $$. Is there any longevity issues?

Thanks, LFX.
    Bearing in mind that the more items that are in a valve the more there is to to go wrong. If you have small children then a anti-scald valve is a prudent investment. If not I would use common sense and save money. I don't suggest brands where there is a choice but if you're going to buy stick with a major brand. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower issues-scald guard or pressure problems? [ 5 Answers ]

We moved into our 90 year old home in April. In 2001 a nice addition was put on that included a master bath with tile surround and 2 showers in the surround. I noticed at first that when I pushed the handle all the way to the hottest setting (on both showers), the water cut off all the sudden to...

Can this shower be upgraded to anti-scald? [ 6 Answers ]

O great and wise experts of ye plumbing page, behold thy photograph of me current shower knobs (photo attached). They are spaced 8" apart (on center). Is there any hope of integrating an anti-scald valve into this configuration without considerable damage to the tiles? Or perhaps a method for...

Is this worth anything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased an etching in black ink at a estate sale- It says Native of Samatra on the etching. The artist is Lea Sterting. Below the name is the number 40. I was wondering if it may be worth anything. Thanks-

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Is it worth it? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to buy a good cheap car. I've found a really nice '93 honda del sol. It does have a couple issues though. Its got about 200,000 miles and it needs a tail light. Aside from that,its great!Purple with tinted windows and a CD player. They're asking $1100.00. Is it worth it?

View more questions Search