Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2016, 06:39 PM
    How to access or create wireless network from new kindle fire
    I just got a Kindle Fire . How do I access wireless network. When I tap a wifi connection on the fire's list it asks for a password. Where do I find that? When I make my wn password it says "saved" but when I click connect it doesn't and goes back to "saved"

I still use dial up (AOL) on my desktop (I don't think it has a router) and I don't have any other wireless devices other than the Kindle fire. How do I access a wireless network or get a password.

How do I get the password for an existing connection listed on the fire? Instructions on the fire say to "ask the person who set up the connection"... who?. where?. how?. sigh

Do I have to sign up for a plan and pay like AOL? If so where is a list of these plans.

Please help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2016, 06:09 AM
    It sounds like you do not have a wireless router at all. I'm not certain that purchasing one will work with a dial-up connection.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2016, 06:13 AM
    I agree with NeedKarma.

Those "other" WIFI connections it see's are OTHER peoples internet that they are paying for and you won't get the password to them for all of the obvious and not so obvious reasons.

Might be time to consider upgrading to a broadband internet connection. A basic one might not be much more than you are paying now and you will get significantly more for your money.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2016, 09:03 AM
    What kind of phone do you have?

How to Get a Hotspot for a Kindle Fire | Chron.com

OR

Robot Check

Boingo Hotspot Blog | The Official Blog For Boingo Wireless
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2016, 10:26 AM
    When you do a search of available WiFi networks you see all the networks within range of you. Some of those networks might be free, but most will be someone else's network. If you don't have a WiFi network in your home, then you can only connect to a public network and only when within range.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Fire [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to buy a new ebook. I wonder whether to get a Kindle Paperwhite ($159) or the new Kindle Fire ($199). Could someone tell me the reasons for buying one rather than the other?

Can I use wireless card to create a network connection? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could make a network connection with two computers using only our wireless cards?

Connected to wireless network. Can't access internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP which is connected to a wireless network. Windows is currently managing my wireless connection, and tells me that I am connected to my network and the signal strength is excellent. I have always been able to use the internet perfectly on this laptop...

View more questions Search