Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melscannell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2016, 11:26 AM
    Policy number that starts with ABT
    I'm looking for a auto insurance company that the policy number starts with ABT?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2016, 09:06 PM
    Meaningless. I worked for insurance companies for 30 years and there was never any correlation. Company can use any prefix they want. Even among a single company, you can have numerous policy prefixes due to company classification. Usually the prefix is policy related-WC Workers Comp, HO-Homeowners, CMP-Commercial Multi Peril. ABT? Sure it's not ABI Possibly Auto Bodily Injury?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2016, 05:36 AM
    Why would you be doing this? Anytime there is a claim with insurance.. you would have other information about the policy holder (including the name of the insurance company) before you would have the policy number.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 1, 2016, 10:02 AM
    We see quite often where people are in an auto accident, and in exchanging personal information forget to write down the name of the other person's insurance carrier.

To the OP - assuming this is the case, I suggest you contact your own insurance company if you haven't already done so to report the accident and provide them with the info you have. You should do this even if the accident was not your fault. They can then follow up with the other person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lic policy information policy number 645323213 [ 1 Answers ]

How can I chek my policy status

View more questions Search