Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desertstorm90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2016, 10:40 AM
    How often is glaucoma misdiagonosed?
    Two years ago, I was told that I have narrow angle glaucoma. I have been observed by an ophthalmologist and was recently told that I should have a laser iridotomy procedure to prevent a sudden attack. I went to for a second opinion, and the confirmed the diagnosis. The day of the procedure, I was told that I do not have narrow angle glaucoma but I still need to be followed.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2016, 01:07 PM
    There is another option... that it wasn't misdiagnosed, but that you actually had it but the underlying conditions that caused it reversed and it went away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glaucoma [ 2 Answers ]

:-/This week my opthomologist told me I have glaucoma. He said to come back in a month. That was all he said and I'm kinda' scared. Iresearched some online, I don't fit any profiles. Is this a normal way for a diagnosis to be made? Thank you

About Glaucoma, CM! [ 7 Answers ]

You know when you go get your vision checked, and you have to take that test for glaucoma where they puff air in your eyes? The test EVERYONE hates? How does that help them know if you have glaucoma or not?

Canine Glaucoma [ 1 Answers ]

This year I had to have Cocoas eye removed because of glaucoma,the eye would nearly double in size and she was in pain,no meds. Other than pain helped.I did'nt let it go for long either.I had the choice of having her sedated and having the fluid drained or complete removal.I choose removal and I...

What is glaucoma? [ 4 Answers ]

What is it and how can it be treated? Is it curable? Symptoms?

View more questions Search