Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ashley Hoyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2016, 02:12 PM
    Children's blood sugar
    What should three year olds sugar levels be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 26, 2016, 04:31 PM
    Please tell us why you are asking? Does she have gestational diabetes and you have been asked to check her blood sugar level in the morning ?
    Ashley Hoyt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2016, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Please tell us why you are asking? Does she have gestational diabetes and you have been asked to check her blood sugar level in the morning ?
    I want to know what to look out for as she is being tested for diabetes
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2016, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    A 3 year old couldn't have gestational diabetes. That only happens during gestation, i.e. pregnancy.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2016, 08:28 PM
    Very young children can become Type 1 diabetics, although it is fairly rare. The average onset age is 13-14. Our son was 14, about puberty onset. Fasting blood sugar optimum is <110 mg/dl. Children never are Type 2.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 27, 2016, 02:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    A 3 year old couldn't have gestational diabetes. That only happens during gestation, i.e. pregnancy.
    I think what I meant was being born with diabetes.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 27, 2016, 05:08 AM
    At a guess a kids level will be close to an adult level , though I did take a look.

The target range for young children is to achieve pre-meal sugars of 6 to 12 mmol/L (110 to 220 mg/dL). This range allows good blood glucose control while reducing the risk of severe hypoglycemia.

Note = My Grandmother and friend both have Full Diabetes ( No insulin production ). So I know about the levels. Also note I've given you a range due to other factors like weight , size etc , though your doctor can help with this.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood sugar [ 2 Answers ]

What is a healthy blood sugar level for a 51, 265lb, 6fi 1, man ? Thank You Pam McIntyre

Getting blood sugar down [ 19 Answers ]

I used to be on Victoza 2.8mg once a day and Metformin 500 mg twice a day, my doctor switched me to Lantus 10 mg once a day and Novalin R as needed. My blood sugar is staying between 250 and 300 and my doctor is on vacation. My question is can I take the Metformin 500 mg with the Lantus to try to...

Blood sugar [ 3 Answers ]

What is the total range for blood sugar tested before meals and after meals?

Blood sugar [ 4 Answers ]

Does your blood sugar lever change during pregnancy? The reason I ask is because before becoming pregnant I was addicted to sweets. Now that I am pregnant sweets don't appeal to me like they use to. However, the other night we went to a friend's house to watch a football game. While I was there I...

Blood sugar [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, My mom says she had really high blood sugar. She is way beyond normal. She has been dieting n trying to loss weight since she is fat n she thinks it will help her. Please can u give me some reasons for why her sugar keeps going high. She is a nurse and she herself doesn't know the...

View more questions Search