Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quakenshake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2016, 05:54 PM
    Will drinking kombucha make me fail a urine screen for alcohol?
    I have recently been consuming 2 bottle of synergy kombucha a day for weeks to aid in digestion. I am on probation and was called today and informed I had failed a urine screen with a positive for alcohol. I don't drink and am very worried as to what will happen to me now. Would it have been the kombucha that made the positive? I also had been sick during the last drug screening and had been consuming a liquid cold meds that I believe are alcohol based.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 25, 2016, 06:09 PM
    It could,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombuc...and_properties

The bacterial component of kombucha comprises several species, almost always includingGluconacetobacter xylinus (G. xylinus, formerly Acetobacter xylinum), which ferments alcohols produced by the yeasts into acetic and other acids, increasing the acidity and limitingethanol content.[citation needed]
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2016, 06:24 PM
    "had been consuming a liquid cold meds that I believe are alcohol based". Most likely the problem. Now what?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2016, 06:19 AM
    They do make alcohol free cold meds, and they are easy to find... so I hate to tell you that isn't going to be a valid excuse to use.

A bit late to do any good...but they really don't care what the source is, so extra effort has to be taken to avoid all other sources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I ate lobster bisque and found out it has alcohol, will I fail the EtG urine test ? [ 11 Answers ]

I have an EtG urine test tomorrow and I ate lobster bisque tonight. I didn't know it had sherry in it and now Im freaking out. I know this test picks up on alcohol in the past 80 hours not how much it was. So with wine being in this soup would it fail the urin test?

Will 4 grams of alcohol sugar fail alcohol urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I drank a energy and I noticed afterwards that it had a content of 4 grams of alcohol sugar.. will it be detected in my urine test this morning..

If you have little alcohol 18hrs before a urine test do you fail? [ 0 Answers ]

I only had one and a half cup of sangria and had a urine test at 8pm after stopping at 140AM would it show up on my urine test I never drink that was the first time in forever if was v day and I just worked a long day my friend came over brought sangria and I had a glass sipped on it and than ate...

If you take one hit of some potent marijuana will you fail a urine drug screen? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been put on probation and I enjoy smoking marijuana as a hobby and I am curious as to how much if any I can smoke and still pass urine drug screen I weigh about 140 and I have a fast metabolism and I am pretty active and I drink lots of fluids and I'm not sure if I even get drug tested but...

Causes for trace of alcohol in urine besides drinking [ 2 Answers ]

Besides drinking alcohol, what other possible causes are there for trace of alcohol in urine test?

View more questions Search